EmonTX availability and gateway from 433Mhz to Wifi

Hello,
I have to question:
1: does anyone have an Idea when the EmonTX will be available again ? I read somewhere that in October it was announced, but nothing since !

2: I also like to purchase some EmonTH, but my EmonCMS is on a Synology and it’s connected on WiFi, is my only way to have a gateway between 433Mhz and Wifi is to purchase a EmonBase ?

Thanks for any information you can give me,

Regards,
Arno

Do you need the EmonTH? IMHO you are better off with some BLE devices such as these Govee ones Amazon.co.uk and a BLE gateway. There are plenty of options for the gateway out there. I use HomeAssistant and a Bluetooth adapter. There is also ESPHome such as these Xiaomi Mijia BLE Sensors — ESPHome on a suitable ESP device. (sorry shop).

The only advantage of the EmonTH is range but in the house I find the Bluetooth range rivals that of RF.

Well I don’t need EmonTH, but it’s my way of supporting the emoncms project

1 Like

And that is great :slight_smile:

In that case then, yes you need an emonbase or just the RFM card if you have a spare Pi or Pi clone (like Orange Pi).

It partly depends if you want to run EmonCMS on a Pi or on another system.

Depending on how may CT inputs you need, The EmonPi may be a better option.

Well I’m gona need a emonTX to follow the usage of the whole house (main entrance, 3 phases), so 3 CT That’s ok, But on this one I saw that you can put a WiFi module, so it’s great.
And later I’m looking for 6 emonTH for the diffrents room.

And later something to follow the solar panel.
And I will have to make an interface with my ECS that is using a vbus Deltasol product.

So I’m gona look for the emon base, I don’t have any Pi at all.

Just waiting for the diffrent emon CT/TH to be available again.