I have a Emon Pi and EmonTx V3 on order (Australia)
I want to mount the EmonTX in the electrical meter board, and the emonPi somewhere else.
.I want to monitor solar PV with the EmonTX sending data to the EmonPi, However, I don’t have a traditional setup. I have 16 micro inverters.
The 16 solar panels are in two arrays (2 x 8 panels each array) with a micro inverter on each solar panel. This means there are 2 x 240 volt feeds from the solar off the roof to the electricity meter board.
Each string is on its own switch in the meter board. So in essence, I have two solar feeds to monitor.
I was hoping to install the EmonTX in the electrical board, with:
- 2 x CT camps on solar feeds (one on each 240 volt PV String)
- 1 x CT clamp on hot water circuit
- 1 x CT clamp on main power circuit between utility meter and distribution board.
- pulse meter connected to utility meter and connected to emonTx
- 9 volt AC will be connected to emonTx for reference.
Can the two CTs on each of the solar feeds be used together to monitor solar PV creation? And log this data to the EmonPi? Or does this “break” the “standard” setup and cause me problems with charts/graphs/calculations etc.
Diagram (155.5 KB)