EmonTH v2 and pulsecount stoppet working

I have two emonth v2 that have been up and running since March 2019. The emonpi stopped receiving data from one in May this year as battery voltage dropped below 1V, but I haven’t gotten around to replace the batteries until today. Last night the second emonth suddenly stopped sending data even with ok battery. I have now replaced batteries on both but cannot get any response from either on the emonpi. The emonpi was updated from 11.2.2 to 11.2.7 late last night, but that seems uncorrelated in time.

When replacing batteries, a green LED on top centre of the board lights up briefly (says D9 on the board). Then it goes dark.

Dead?

Edit: On the emonpi display, when scrolling past Power1/power2 screen, it says ‘Connecting, please wait…’. Don’t know if that is relevant, though.

Edit: pulsecount stoppet working yesterday afternoon at the same time as the second emonth.

No, that is normal. It is like that to save battery power.

Very relevant. It means there’s a problem with the software inside the emonPi. It sounds very like another post only yesterday or the day before.

Actually, this looks like a cross-posting: Emonhub process cannot open /var/log/emonhub/emonhub.log after update - #13 by OlavKristiansen
Also see Newly installed EmonPi shows all inputs as n/a - #2 by borpin

@TrystanLea ?

Solved: Emonhub process cannot open /var/log/emonhub/emonhub.log after update - #19 by OlavKristiansen