emonTH firmware

Can anyone advise where there is a firmware for the emonTH v2 that fully handles multi-DS18B20?

The version (v3.2.6) that I see up on github - GitHub - openenergymonitor/emonth2: emonTH V2 wireless temperature & humidity sensor with SI7021 sensor - contains the comment -

V3.2.6 - [30/9/21 - RW] Multiple external DS18B20 sensors accepted. No change to config file.

When I connect a single DS18B20 it is detected and reported back to emonCMS. When I attach a second one, it is detected by the emonTH, but is not reported back to emonCMS. See ā€œ2 DS18B20ā€ below.

OpenEnergyMonitor.org
emonTH FW: V326
No EEPROM config
Int RFMā€¦
RFM Started
Node: 24 Freq: 433MHz Network: 210
Int SI7021ā€¦
SI7021 Started, ID: 21
SI7021 t: 22.63
SI7021 h: 56.36
2 DS18B20
ā€˜+++ā€™ then [Enter] for RF config mode
(Arduino IDE Serial Monitor: make sure ā€˜Both NL & CRā€™ is selected)
waiting 5sā€¦
temp:218,tempex0:206,humidity:585,batt:30

Initial answer to my own question - I have previously (years back) modified the firmware and uploaded it to support something like 18 DS18B20s, based on some comments and suggestions from a post back in 2020 or earlier. It basically involves a loop based on the number of probes detected and building up a custom payload to be returned - and then modifying emonhub.conf to decode the custom payload.

Iā€™m going to be plowing through the firmware myself so that I can add in/add back the functionality and Iā€™m happy to contribute the code back to the repository, but before I do this . . . has someone already done it and uploaded it somewhere? I reckon thereā€™s a good chance that someone has already solved this and has a working config.

Thanks,

David

Ugh, second answer to my own question - I see the firmware has a comment to the effect that -

NOTE: If the number of external temperature sensors is changed from 1, the 4 lines below: ā€˜names = ā€¦ā€™,
ā€˜datacodes = ā€¦ā€™, ā€˜scales = ā€¦ā€™ & ā€˜units = ā€¦ā€™ must be changed to suit.
The maximum recommended is 4.

Iā€™m going to try that now. Apologies for posting before fully checking, but I didnā€™t spot that bit.

3 Likes

Thanks very much for sharing that observation, @zag (no need for apologies as far as I am concerned!) - I just came across your post, having also missed that crucial little detail when I was last trying to set this up, only a month or so before you. I can now embark on my long-planned logging of flow and return temperatures across various thingsā€¦
Cheers
Simon