EmonPi with latest SD card and firmware on EBay

Hello,

OK, so I’m selling a factory-reset and ready-to-go emonPi on eBay at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156059223103, and it is supplied in its original box with the following accessories:

• New SD card (industrial strength, preloaded with the latest emonSD image
  • Power supply (UK plug)
  • AC voltage sensor
  • CT sensor
  • Optical utility meter LED pulse sensor

When bought new in early 2021 the package cost £163.74. I used it for a few months to monitor my house electrical consumption, and since then it has resided in its box, waiting hopefully for a new owner to put it to good use and give it a second lease of life. :grin:

NOTE
Auction ends in 2 days. All proceeds go to the Guide Dogs For The Blind charity.

See also https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156059223103

I figured I would factory reset it prior to sale, but it wouldn’t boot. I bought and fitted the latest industrial-strength SD card, and managed to connect it to my network (wired and wireless). But for the life of me I can’t figure out how to:

1. enable SSL
  2. factory reset it
  3. shut it down safely to avoid compromising the SD card again

It just seems like there are various manuals/videos out there, for different ages and versions of the unit. It reports the following: emonSD - 01Feb24 s/n ED7B3155

So, if somebody could point me to the correct documentation for that, I would be very grateful. Or if anybody is interested in buying the kit as is, even better. It comes with the AC sensor, a CT clam,p, PSU, original box etc.

Eugene
and

You can do all these things using the push button. Each time you press the button, the display changes. Shutdown is one of the options.There’s no need to perform a factory reset if you have a new SD card to which you have written the image file downloaded from here.

Please post the full details of the items you’re selling here, so that they are easily found.

Hello,
I have a 2019 emonPi with the latest SD card and (presumably) software. I have successfully set up the ethernet and wifi connection, but when I connect via a web browser and am presented with a dialog box for username and password, it doesn’t recognise the username I have in my records. There is no Register option, so how do I reset the unit or the login, so that I can access the device? Ideally I would like to factory reset it prior to sale.
Eugene

If you have a new SD card to which you have written the image file downloaded from here, this is the equivalent of performing a factory reset. All of your data, passwords, etc were on your old SD card, nowhere else.

The default passwords etc are here: emonSD Download — OpenEnergyMonitor 0.0.1 documentation

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your help, much appreciated. I got the SSH enabled in the end, by pushing and holding the button, and your link to the up to date documentation got me the password I needed to log in via SSH. However, despite what you say about the new SD card being equivalent to a full factory rest, it wasn’t (not for me anyway). When I connected my emonPi to my home network, and visited the emonPi’s IP address in my browser, there was no Register option on the login dialog box. In the end, I went for the full factory reset (following the instructions https://docs.openenergymonitor.org/emoncms/troubleshooting.html#factory-reset) and not only did the emonPi remember my Wifi password, the Register option reappeared.
A good result, as I reckon my emonPi is ready for sale now, as a new user can easily register.
Thanks again,
Eugene

Will do.
Eugene