EmonHub v2.2.0

EmonHub version 2.2.0 is now available in the stable branch. The latest version brings several new interfacers to read data from different sources including:

• Improved SDS011 Particulate Matter Sensor that puts the sensor to sleep between readings in order to extend the lifespan of the sensor, thanks to @danbates
    Guide: EmonHub Interfacers - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor

• New interfacer to read data from a SDM120 Single phase MID certified DIN rail meter via Modbus. This has been added with heat pump monitoring applications in mind were MID certified monitoring is required for both electric and heat.

• New interfacer to read from MBUS meters, this requires a MBUS to USB converter that we will be stocking in the shop soon. This is designed for reading data from heat meters such as the Sontex 531 (again with heat pump monitoring in mind) but the implementation is fairly generic and should read from a wide variety of MBUS meters.

• New interfacer for reading directly form DS18B20 temperature sensors connected to a RaspberryPi similar to Raspberry Pi Temperature Sensor using the DS18B20 - Pi My Life Up

• New interfacer to write latest sensor values (or emonhub cargo objects) to redis keys. Makes it easy to then pick up the values in a separate python script used for automation, not sure if this will be that useful generally but it was something I needed.

• New interfacer called EmonHubOEMInterfacer that will replace the EmonHubJeeInterfacer designed for use with new continuous monitoring firmwares that @Robert.Wall has been working on. This needs a separate post to explain in more detail once we launch all of the new firmware’s. More to come on this later.

• If you missed it from previous updates, thanks also to @borpin for a new pulse counting interfacer. This can be used for pulse counting directly on the RaspberryPi.
    EmonHub Interfacers - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor

There are also a number of bug fixes, thanks to @borpin, @bwduncan and @alexandrecuer

A new page has been added to the integrations section of the guide called EmonHub Interfacers intended to cover mainly integration with other hardware rather than the core interfacers used by OpenEnergyMonitor hardware. Links above link to the relevant sections of this page.

I do wish this went through a pre-release stage to enable wider testing before going to stable.

GitHub still thinks 2.1.7 is the ‘latest’

Front page

Releases page

Release done Release v2.2.0 · openenergymonitor/emonhub · GitHub

1 Like

I’ve updated the emonhub repository documentation to cover the new interfacers and consistently use the conf/interfacer_examples directory for interfacer documentation:

GitHub - openenergymonitor/emonhub: Python service linking and decoding input to MQTT & Emoncms

Screenshot of the main readme interfacer section:

Also linked from the configuration.md page:
emonhub/configuration.md at master · openenergymonitor/emonhub · GitHub

1 Like

Amen!

1 Like

Yes, I made the decision in this case that as the changes were new interfacers without majour changes elsewhere and after testing on three systems here that a merge to stable was ok, had there been significant changes to core components I would have spaced it out with a release on master first.

1 Like