EmonEVSE WiFi Connected EV Charging Station: latest components? Same as kit?

Hello all,

I also asked this question towards the sales-address, but didn’t get feedback yet, so maybe I should post it here?

I’m interested in buying the car charging station “EmonEVSE WiFi Connected EV Charging Station IEC 60947-5 (Type-2” (3-phase): https://openenergymonitor.com/emonevse-wifi-connected-ev-charging-station-iec-60947-5-type-2/.

However, when I read the component-description, it seems to use the old v4 pcb, a different enclosure, … than the kit-version. Is this the case, or does it use the same, latest, components as the kit?

I would prefer to get it fully assembled, which is also a requirement for the 3-phase-setup apparently, but I would also like to have the latest components of course.

Another question regarding the charging station, which wasn’t completely clear, is whether a cable was included, althought that seems to be the case?

Thanks!

Michel

Hi Michel,

The EmonEVSE is our (‘OpenEnergyMonitor’, UK) variant of the OpenEVSE kit (designed by ‘OpenEV’ in the US) . That is why the enclosure design is different. Our unit comes with a type-2 connector for a cable, the OpenEVSE uses a permanently tethered connection.

Yes, the controller is in fact the latest v5 type.

No, a cable is not included as standard. But we do sell them separately.

Thanks,

that’s all I needed to know.

Michel

1 Like