Emoncms v11 stable release

I just noticed this thread. I’ve done an update and now get this error on any displays using khwperiod values.

I’ve another thread I posted this morning with more info Displays failing after running EmonPI Full update - #2 by Mike_Henderson

I did a forced refresh of the page in my browser (Ctrl-F5 for Chrome) and that error went away, but my kwhperiod values are all now 0 as posted above…

1 Like

@greebo good call there. I’ve done that and can now open displays again. As you say, with values of zero.

1 Like

Thanks Il look into the kwhperiod issue

Thanks for the heads-up @TrystanLea , I’ve patched it.

1 Like

Hi @TrystanLea ,

Yes it is a raspberry pi based system using the emonSD-08May21 image.

Further investigation reveals it is only one particular feed, a daily time series that I was using to display daily solcast kWhr totals. The feed with the 30min solcast forecast is working and displaying as expected.

I probably need to go back to my actual desired outcome which is to display historical actual solar and consumption kWh totals and forecast daily solar kWh totals on a single bar chart with the bars covering the period of 00:00 - 00:00 local time. I use nodered to source and load the solcast 30min forecast into a feed out to 5 days ahead - this is still working with 11.0.5. I calculate the associated daily kWh forecast totals along the way and was loading these into a separate feed (this is the one that does not appear to be accepting new data). The historical daily totals are calculated using a Power to kWh/d input process.

I created a new feed (86400 sec interval) and used the new data import functionality to copy the values from the problematic feed (this works really well by the way). This new feed did initially accept the 4 days of future values which I graphed successfully 30 min ago but now the future values are no longer visible on a graph.

Update: Rebooted the pi, swapped to another browser and cleared out all its caches this morning and the new feed now appears to be accepting data and displaying future data in graphs. :thinking:

1 Like

@TrystanLea just about to try and update from 10.2.7 on my PVE container. This is still on Buster.

What might have changed such that a git pull of all of the repos might not fix?

Anything changed in the install scripts?

What package versions is V11 expecting (PHP etc)?

I’m guessing this might be a new Module I need to pull in. Should I delete the old vis module?

also tried stable version and master …
still tried reboot + cleaning cache
on dashboard → i still get errro as I’m using much of the period values …

and got error:

EmonCMS Error
-------------
Route: Modules/dashboard/widget/kwhperiod/kwhperiod_render.js?v=3
Line: 746
Column: 34

and if i go over … without login, then i get it but all periodkwh are empty …
if you need more infos - let me know

The issue with kwhperiod widget has been raised as an issue on GitHub, and I think I’ve identified the cause - hopefully it’s a quick fix?

1 Like

This is also caused by this issue - some people get error messages, some just get zeros, depending how their widget is configured.

Thanks @Timbones I’ve applied the fix, available now in master and stable. Thanks again!

1 Like

@TrystanLea and thoughts on this query? (Emoncms v11 stable release - #19 by borpin)

Thanks @borpin Il take a look shortly.

Emoncms.org update

Im part way through upgrading emoncms.org to version 11, so far all of the code relating to requesting data, csv export, app’s, graph & dashboard modules have been updated.

The next step is to update the code that writes data including the features to import csv data and data editing functionality. Il probably get that complete in a few days time.

If anyone see’s anything amiss let me know. E.g dashboard or app issues in particular.

@TrystanLea
After update 11.0.7 from 10.8.5 on iOS emoncms app the total today used kWh in the upper right corner is not correct. It sum yesterday + today consume.
On local and remote feed of emoncms the counter is correct.
On the single day in the bottom of the app are reported correct
Thx

Thanks @lord_valex will take a look at this and get back to you soon

@TrystanLea
Tried delete feed and input. Working fine for few days but now again same problem
It sum 2 days in total today on iOS app upper right corner.
On emoncms online site and lan site using myelettric app the number is correct.
Any idea ?
Thx

Doesnt quite relate to the iOS app issue but there was a similar issue in the emoncms myelectric2 app that I’ve now fixed. It was showing as missing e.g:

the value is now loaded correctly and is independent of the selected window in the bar graph below it.

Emoncms.org update

Emoncms.org now supports feed trim and clear. Useful e.g if you need to clear data accumulated during a testing period before final deployment.

@TrystanLea
hi sorry for late respond just see it.
I’m having same problem you describe in myelectric2 now is on — how to solve ?
thx