Emoncms v10.5.5 stable release

The Emoncms master branch with the new menu system, theming changes, my account page discussed in the earlier post here https://community.openenergymonitor.org/t/emoncms-v10-5-2-master-branch-testing-menu-v3/17857has now been released to stable!

This update also includes a new visualisation type hot off the press thanks to @alexandrecuer Psychrographs, used to analyse summer comfort in houses. See Alex’s pull request here Psychrographs in the vis module by alexandrecuer · Pull Request #1697 · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub.

:tada: :rocket: :tada: :slight_smile:

Core and module version summary:

• Emoncms core v10.5.5
  • App module: v2.3.0
  • EmonHub Config: 2.1.1
  • Dashboard: 2.1.1
  • Device: 2.0.10
  • Graph: 2.1.0
  • Network Setup: 1.0.2
  • WiFi: 2.1.0
  • Backup: 2.3.1
  • DemandShaper 2.2.0
  • Postprocess: 2.2.1
  • Sync: 2.1.0
  • Usefulscripts: 2.3.7
  • EmonScripts: 1.2.2

Menu system v3

This is a substantial refactoring of the menu system as well as introduction of an improved 3rd level menu and a minimised sidebar option. Here’s an example screenshot showing the new graph module sidebar:

Admin 3rd level sidebar:

Feed list with minimised sidebar:

New My Account page and selectable theme colour schemes

Selected theme colour schemes are saved to the users browser local storage and need to be set on each browser/device.

Top bar colour scheme is also reflected in on the login page:

A light sidebar theme can also be selected, Inspiration from earlier work by @Adminde :slight_smile:

The new my account page is largely implemented using vue.js as is the admin component manager, which is a tidier way of implementing these kinds of interfaces. The old list.js library has been removed alongside other related house keeping.

Removal of depreciated PHPFiwa and Histogram feed engines and associated visualisations

This update includes the removal of depreciated feed engines PHPFiwa and Histogram. These were replaced by the PHPFina feed engine (with averaging and histogram functionality available on the fly via the graph module instead).

As feed creation has been disabled or not included as standard on emonSD systems for over 5 years, I dont foresee this change being an issue for most users. However if you do have a install that still uses these feed engines and wish to update, you will need to covert any remaining PHPFiwa feeds over to PHPFina. There is a script to help with this process available in the emoncms usefulscripts repository (see GitHub - emoncms/usefulscripts: Some useful scripts for administering Emoncms accounts).

If you do have PHPFiwa feeds, you should see a notice printed alongside the feed engine on your feeds page:

Associated visualisations such as timestoredaily, histgraph, threshold and orderthreshold have also been removed.

emoncms_mqtt multi user MQTT support

Multi-user emoncms_mqtt service support can now be enabled from settings.ini, where data is posted in mqtt messages of format:

basetopic/userid/nodeid

The single user default is:

basetopic/nodeid

Multi user mode is enabled from settings.ini by adding the following setting under the mqtt section:

multiuser = true

1 Like

@TrystanLea

I’ve just updated to 10.5.5 and can longer see INPUTS getting this message in lieu …

EmonCMS Error
-------------
Route: Modules/input/Views/input_view.js?v=6
Line: 46
Column: 21

Could it be connected with the fact that today the single phase openEVSE charger was removed and a recently purchased 3 phase openEVSE charger was installed that I’m now in the process of struggling to set up.

Help please

Thanks @johnbanks I thought I had this one fixed before but relise what I missed and have pushed up a fix. This error is being caused by the browser caching an old version of the javascript on that page, the quick solution is to do a full page refresh on this page to load the new javascript, or you could try updating just emoncms core using the Admin > Component manager

@TrystanLea
Thx - that fixed it :slight_smile: