Hi there, first time starting a thread. Please move this to appropriate place if I’ve posted in the wrong location.
I’m completely replacing Owl Intuition solar PV with emonPi. This involves ditching OWL cloud based collection, instead use emonCMS to collect data. I think I’ve got majority of the feeds setup okay.
EmonCMS then feed into Home Assistant. This directly replaces OWL UDP push functionality. Allows easy monitoring from a central interface.
- generate a simple DyGraph webpage, where another raspberry pi with display will show the graph, on auto-refresh
- home automation for plugs, eg only charge my cordless dyson when there is excess power. WOL my PC to start mining
- PC also runs the same C program, but tweaked so it will pause CPU and/or GPU mining and may shutdown if excess drops and/or large appliance usage is detected
What is the general wisdom on how to best achieve the above 3 things with emonCMS?
Here is my thoughts:
All 3 should be replaceable with minimal effort using MQTT. But I can’t seem to find good MQTT listener C example similar to the above multicast listener example.
(My programming skills is only hobbyist, okay to re-use code and write some simple logic, but zero idea how websockets etc work. )
Another way of achieving similar goal is to ditch my C program and use newer tools available:
- emonCMS already have graphing functionality. But what type of graph is simplest to render? How do I make it available just by accessing a URL? (make a dashboard public?)
- Easy to do with Home Assistant automations.
- Home Assistant can WOL and shutdown/hibernate PC. It’s not ideal as there is only on/off, it’s a workaround until I can find more suitable substitute.
Even better, any ways to get emonCMS to do multicast?
Thanks for reading and any input is appreciated