Emoncms install on Ubuntu

Is there an up to date way to install Emoncms on a new Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS.
Everything I have tried is not up to date. I have reloaded Ubuntu 6 times and I still can’t get Emoncms to run.
Thanks in advance.

Telling us what you have tried would help.

The install script should work. GitHub - openenergymonitor/EmonScripts: Emoncms Stack Installation and Update scripts - just read the instructions carefully.

What didn’t work?

1 Like

I too am having some problems with what to do.
I have an old PC, new install of Debian…
the install on GIT mentions Debain, but then is tested on Ubuntu.

since the RPi’s are in short supply these days, it seems I am not alone in trying to use a PC for a local host of EMONCMS.

Since I have a dedicated machine, I would be happy to install anything, the more mainstream the better (better chance of support and other users experiences)

Is the link in post #2 the best or simplest, or recommended way to install for a local host ?
I’d be happy to install Ubuntu, if that is easier or more mainstream.

Instead of going into what didn’t work let’s start with the new.
I reinstalled a clean Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS. I downloaded the script and followed the directions carefully. I received an error so I started over with the script and received no errors. I have a IotaWatt and not an emonPi so I went to the next step. When trying to open EmonCMS with localhost or IP address I get (The requested URL was not found Apache/2.4.41 (Ubunutu) Server at localhost Port 80.) I have tried the IP address :80 and still no love. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance.

If you you got a 404, that suggests Apache is running fine or was this a browser error that it could not find the host (just checking).

If the former, try http://<IP ADDRESS>/emoncms

Got it.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like