I’ve been working through emoncms organisation github issues, categorising issues with labels as to whether they are bugs, enhancement requests or other categories. It really helps to get a clearer idea of what the issues are.
We can see for example that emoncms core has 44 open issues.
- 5 of these are bugs: is:open is:issue label:bug
- 28 are enhancement/feature requests: is:open is:issue label:enhancement
- The remainder are a mixture of other lables: is:open is:issue -label:bug -label:enhancement
We can also look at the status of issues across all emoncms repositories, there are 173 open issues:
is:open is:issue user:emoncms
- 43 bugs is:open is:issue user:emoncms label:bug
- 91 enhancement requests is:open is:issue user:emoncms label:enhancement
- 41 mixture of other labels is:open is:issue user:emoncms -label:bug -label:enhancement
The labeling still needs more work, similar colours, better categorisation etc, but its a start. The intention is also to extend this to repositories in the openenergymonitor organisation on github.
The intention is to focus emoncms development on fixing the open bugs and documentation labels first, with enhancements lower down in the priority list.