Emon Pi on Linux

Hi Guys

Quick question , would it be possible to run the Pi version of emon on a Linux server? I noticed there are quite a few more features on the Pi emon that I would like to play with.

Regards

I think you may be confusing the HW side and the SW side (easily done). The SW side consists of EmonCMS which you can run in various ways.

The ‘standard’ way of running it is on a Raspberry Pi for which there is a ready to go image or building it yourself (as I do).

On the HW side, there is a ready to go enclosure consisting of a Raspberry Pi and EmonPi shield that runs the aforementioned SD Card image.

However, there are other HW options which will interface to EmonCMS and may well be cheaper or provide you with more flexibility.

So, it depends on what you have and what you are trying to do :smile:

It could be that, or perhaps he’s asking about running the software a hosted Linux box.

I looked at the Emoncms software running on the Pi platform and it differs from the Linux version. Is this correct?

If by that you mean, is it different from the version running at emoncms.org, then yes, the two versions are different. The version of emonCMS that runs on a Pi is a Linux version.

Emoncms can be installed on a Linux box, see install instructions: GitHub - emoncms/emoncms: Web-app for processing, logging and visualising energy, temperature and other environmental data