DIYBMS v4

Hi everyone. I’ve a small batch of fully assembled controller boards for sale - include both RS485 and CANBUS chips, headers, screw terminals etc. You would have to add your own TFT screen (if required) and ESP32.

Drop me a private message if you are interested, can post worldwide. Cost is £41 per board + shipping (normally around £10).

Last boards for sale :slight_smile:

11 X 4.21 fully functional.
5 X controller boards (older type) with relay.
27 X rework 4.21 modules.
(With 5 spare Attiny 841 for free)

(Heatsink are attached with thermal double sided tape)

If you are interested, send PM :slight_smile:

Hey, what those relay board for? How are you use them with diybms

@stuart
the diy bms, the shunt pcb and the venus os with waveshare dual canbus hat

working with sma sunny island over bms canbus and the mppt rs 450/100 from victron is comunicating over VE can with the raspberry. the BMS has his own BMS can port on the canbus hat.

Hello,
Is the web interface compatible to a Android Phone? I try to do a short loog, but hang…

Yes it should work, i use an android phone myself

Hi Stuart,
I’ll take one if you still have any. Based in UK.

Cheers

Ste

Hi all ,
Following a change in my project, I am selling:

• 48 new PCB DIYBMS Leaf V4 without Attiny/JST : 2€ pcs + shipping cost
  • 10 new ESP8266controler PCB without weemos/JST : 2€ pcs + shipping cost

shipment from France
Thanks

is there any specific version of LCD and ESP32 we need for the new Controller v4.5 ?

Same as previous versions @rolfbartels

Thanks

Hi! Do you still have modules available? (Just made this account although been reading for a few months. However, don’t seem to be able to send PM yet, hence wrote here. Thanks!)

No sorry, all gone

Hi Andreas,

I’ve bumped your user account level up a notch. You should be able to send PMs now.

Regards,

Bill

Hi I am a newbie for this project. Just wondering how do I connect the load and charger to the battery with the diyBMS. Can someone share their simple schematic diagram for this with the diyBMS connected? Thank you so much.

Hi @Jek .

This BMS doesn’t directly control the power connections into and out of the battery, it’s similar to the Batrium setup where you would use a separate device for disconnection, like a fuse with a shunt trip or mechanical contactor.

These devices are then controlled by the BMS to trip in the event of faults.

Hey Guys,
Been following for a couple months now and have been trying to get my hands on the DIY BMS. I have the order placed for the modules, but having trouble with the controller boards. I am somewhat new to this so I do not have much knowledge about picking a replacement. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I bought this ESP32 for the controller, but the row of pins are not as wide as the pin headers on the controller board,
Can someone confirm if this controller is correct ?

Hi all,
Please would someone with 3.2v lifepo4 cells tell me what they’ve set their DIYBMS v4 ESP32 Graph Voltage High and Low to, to get accurate readings.

I believe 3.2v lifepo4 cells range between 2.5v and 3.6v? 2.5 being 0% and 3.6v being 100%. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.