DIYBMS v4

On a 4.0, its likely to have wiped the ATTINY chip - you may be lucky and be able to reprogram it.

If not, its likely fried.

1 Like

@stuart

So Iā€™ve narrowed it down a little bit about not being able to save changes. It seems to happen only in the Google Chrome browser on Android or PC.

I tried using Internet Explorer or whatever itā€™s called now in Windows and that seemed to work just fine. No issues at all saving changes.

But since you asked about it rebooting frequently, I do notice that sometimes the webpage is not immediately available or if youā€™re on the web page sometimes it goes kind of grey and is trying to refresh and takes 20 - 30 seconds once in awhile (quite often)

*using Esp8266 w/ latest firmware from Github

Finally got my lcd, bought it from ali 15.03.2021 and the seller ā€œforgotā€ it (always film opening packages or they will get you), then from your affiliate 31.03.21 link to become out of stock after 1 week and every day they push the date another day or week.
After that another ali seller and 10 days later itā€™s hereā€¦

Is it just me or the backlinght is too dim?
Howhard would it be to add temperature calibration? my sensors are all over the place :frowning:

I also noticed this sometimes it can take several minutes up to 20-25 until the website becomes available. Most of the times I noticed when changed clients.

Do you have a strong WiFi signal near the esp8266?

Iā€™ve seen problems with frequent reboots caused by low current power USB supplies, especially when accessing WiFi.

Hello @stuart

I have this Wemos D1 mini Pro.
I followed you instructions on your youtube video, but when i try to ā€œUpload Filesystem Imageā€. i get this error:

Error form platformio.ini

Building in release mode
Building file system image from ā€˜dataā€™ directory to .pio\build\esp8266_d1mini\diybms_controller_filesystemimage_espressif8266_esp8266_d1mini.bin
/readme.txt
Looking for upload portā€¦
Use manually specified: COM3
Uploading .pio\build\esp8266_d1mini\diybms_controller_filesystemimage_espressif8266_esp8266_d1mini.bin
esptool.py v3.0
Serial port COM3
Connectingā€¦
Chip is ESP8266EX
Features: WiFi
Crystal is 26MHz
MAC: e8:68:e7:80:9f:64
Uploading stubā€¦
Running stubā€¦
Stub runningā€¦
Changing baud rate to 250000
Changed.
Configuring flash sizeā€¦
Compressed 3121152 bytes to 3298ā€¦
Writing at 0x00100000ā€¦ (100 %)
Wrote 3121152 bytes (3298 compressed) at 0x00100000 in 0.1 seconds (effective 176097.4 kbit/s)ā€¦

A fatal error occurred: Timed out waiting for packet header
*** [uploadfs] Error 2
================================================================================================== [FAILED] Took 33.65 seconds ==================================================================================================

Best regards,
Ako

Rather than follow the YouTube instructions, I made a simpler way to program the chips.

Take a look at the instructions on GITHUB

Hello @stuart

So you don`t need ā€œfilesystemimageā€ added anymore? Even if you are uploading code through VS Code?

Now i have another problem. I added 1 module to my controller and 1 battery = 3.57 V. On the page it shows 1.336 V. I tried to change the ā€œactual measured voltageā€, on the page, but it changes back to 1.336V. I tried different battery`s with different voltages, but on the page it shows 1.336 V

I have v4.4 module

Best regards,
Ako

Which modules do you have, and what code did you program them with?

I have v4.4 modules and i uploaded V440 code using VS code. I uploaded the same code on to the second module and the results are the same. It also shows me error that it detects 2 modules but is configured for 1?

That error simply means you have not told the controller how many modules you have installed. Just change this on the settings page.

@stuart your work is great addition to DIY world, thank you for your hardwork. one step closer to my power wall.
quick question: do we have that LCD model number or link ?

i think i can reply to my own question,

It should be in the BOM file on GitHub, itā€™s a TFT display from Banggood.

Last time I looked it was out of stock.

@wasim
Below is a link to Amazon (USA) for screen that I purchased and works fine.

Theyā€™re made by countless manufacturers.
You can just search for: ILI9341 2.8" SPI TFT LCD

Heā€™s the one I got from Amazon Prime:

@stuart

Finally received my ESP32 controller pcbs from JLCPCB. (Took over a week for before they were shipped for some reason)

Got them up and running yeah, everything seems to be fine.

Question:

How would I go about creating my own custom splash screen for the LCD?

I can imagine itā€™s somewhat a involves process. But I was hoping maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Is the initial boot up screen saved as an image in a particular file etcā€¦?

Thx

splash image is in ESPController\include\tft_splash_image.h file
you can use GitHub - sparkfun/BMPtoArray: Python script to convert a bitmap to an Arduino prog_mem array for outputting grayscale images to OLEDs. to generate your own,

That screen looks fine, watch out some donā€™t have the touch interface!

Thankfully the linked TFT appears to have the touch IC (U2) in the picture. @Jon_Coop make sure U2 is fitted on the TFT you received.

Only the logo is static - the text that is displayed is drawn via the code.

The logo is in the file named ā€œlogo.bmpā€ in the ā€œweb_srcā€ folder. It needs to be a 4 bits per pixel BMP file.