[11:13:48]
[11:13:48]** Controller changed to state = PowerUp
[11:13:48]PCF8574 replied
[11:13:51]Apply default coŻ®
[11:13:51]** Controller changed to state = ConfigurationSoftAP
[11:13:51]Clear AP settings1
[11:13:51]Setup Access Point
ā€¦

And it worked just after flashing. But after reboot the error is back.
Update: After connecting PCF8574 and then booting it is working again :slight_smile: So it is checked on boot which makes sense. Not sure why I havenā€™t caught this logic before, maybe was looking at too many things at a time.
All good now, thanks!

Yes, it scans on boot up, glad you got it working

finally got my external temperature sensors working.

1 Like

So today a cell module just randomly died, to the point i see no leds and the attiny is getting warm. No spare cell module boards and jlc have no attinys in stock as usual.
Anybody know of any jlc alternatives that might have all components in stock?

Hello, I donā€™t generally see any other reports of modules just failing. Perhaps you have a bad solder joint on that module thatā€™s just shown up?

Do you run them in a very hot or cold environment?

very cold just recently -6 or so, its just dead, no leds when connected to power or the usbasp, no comms when attempting to reprogram it but that does blink the green led once if that means anythingā€¦

It may be worth running the soldering iron over the attiny pins, just in case, but it does sound terminal!

I got four batteries sitting in parallel for a while now with 3.477, 3.485, 3.477, 3.490 voltages and external voltmeter is showing 4.489. What is the best practice to adjust it? By modifying ā€œCalibration multiplierā€?

Also I saw some comments about ADC and ADS1115 in particular but not much in the code. Is there any progress or any good practices? For now I have Victron SmartShunt but would like to unify the measurements with diybms in the future.

@stuart Are the new controller boards close enough to finished that I should wait to order the new controller boards instead of the current v4 ones? Iā€™m looking forward to the CAN bus controller version since I have Victron equipment but also have a 13kWh LiFePO4 bank that is waiting for a BMS :slight_smile:

Iā€™d wait, hoping to release this week.

4 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: ATtiny841 SSUR or SSU

Just checking, you connect the c1 cable to the relay and c2 to the battery? And do you connect the shunt trip to the NO connection of the relay?

Its warmer where you are than the UK, thatā€™s for sure!

Yes Stuart, ambient temperature here in Nigeria is about 32Ā°C midday

1 Like

Good to see diyBMS is travelling the world!

3 Likes

hi Stuart
For some 310Ah Lifepo4 batteries that I just bought, I am thinking of putting 2 or 3 modules per cell to triple the discharge capacity, going from 850mAh to 2.4Ah. does it make sense, or is it a nonsense?

It should work, although they may fight over each other as the voltage changes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Connections for ext temperature sensor

2 posts were split to a new topic: Optoisolator U2