DIYBMS v4

What version of the controller PCB are you using?

The las one, i hope.
And Compiled_Firmware_2022-05-13-09-01.

I added a few lines above about the log in putty. It says that TFT screem IS NOT INSTALED.

In which case - take a look at this issue!

[Controller V4.4 - broken connection on VSPI_MOSI via · Issue #116 · stuartpittaway/diyBMSv4 · GitHub]

Working!.

I´m sorry don´t see that issue by myself.

Thank a lot. And thanks for your amazing work.

1 Like

For reference, on the TFT LCD back side U2 is the touch IC. If that is not present the diyBMS code will NOT detect the presence of the display (though it may initialize and use it during startup it will shut off soon thereafter).

Glad that you have sorted the issue out with the MOSI pin!

When I run DRC on the 8266controller and the V4.21 cell modules on KiCad, it shows multiple courtyard overlap errors. I also sent the designs to FreeDFM and it shows some Missing Soldermask Clearance violations. I don’t have much experience in PCB development. Are these errors important or can I order the PCBs using these files?
I made some changes just on the silkscreen by adding some text. Both the original gerbers by Stuart and the new gerbers show these results.

Please DON’T cross-post. You asked a very similar question only a day ago When I run DRC on the 8266controller and the V4.21 cell modules on KiCad, it shows multiple courtyard overlap errors
I have locked that topic so that replies do not get spread around.

Thanks. Moderator (RW)

The 8266 controller is an older design and has not been updated for a few years now. I recommend not using that if you are planning to build a new setup.

As regards to the clearance violations, I’m not sure, KiCAD was used to generate the designs, and it passes the internal checks in that tool. The circuits have been built using the Gerbers supplied without issue.

Can I ask why you need to add new text to the silkscreen?

4 posts were split to a new topic: V high locked to v min

how do you avoid short circuit with heat sink on

the adhesive pad of these radiators does not conduct electricity

1 Like

Hi all, newbee here
I am looking to buy the KG-F shunt. Did anyone try to integrate into Home Assistant?

Hi all, I’m new to forum :wink:
I’ve made two boards with ESP32, they are working with 4.40 modules. I had some problems with parts availability, so I used TCA9554DW and made address changes in code.

I had some issues with logs on SD Card and time settings. I suppose my firewall settings are blocking acces to NTP servers. I’ve checked on ohter internet connection and it works fine.

I have suggestion to add time settings option in web interface if are problems with NTP connections.
Without correct time settings logs to SD cards is unavailable.

@stuart
i have programmed the shunt now, thank god it is working now.
the voltage and current readings are correct but the calculated power is wrong

i have the latest shunt firmware do you know this problem?

victron software is calculating correct

in my humble opinion these small differences are not significant. here you can see the readings of DIYBMS (512) and those of the Victron Shunt (279) in my system

You must also take into account the temporary differences between the readings of one and the other, you are with a very small load that may be being read at different times in one system and the other.

A few people have reported issues with the shunt power reading. This value is taken directly from the chip in the shunt, so should be accurate, but appears not!

I need to do more debugging on this issue.

i have noticed another bug if the shunt mV reading is over 30mV it displays wrong data

i have a shunt 200A 60mV and on 30mV i have exactly 100A if i go over 30mV and 100A it display sometimes 60A or less total wrong numbers and over 30mV the reading in the shunt pcb is inacurate

so to solve this problem i ordered a 500A 50mV shunt because i need 300A so 30mV would be enough

@stuart
NOW THE GOOD NEWS
it is working with my sunny island 8.0h-13 THIS IS AWESOME
but cant be mixed with victron dvcc because the charge voltage need to be 1v higher its a sunny island thing
if i set 57V the charge voltage in sunny island is 56V but 57V on Victron

Ah good news.

Can you raise an issue on GitHub for me about the mV reading problem please.

Any chance you can share your sketch? I am trying to use the KG-F to test and record the voltage and current on a small cell test station I am using to test cells for an EV conversion…

EDIT:I Saw now that you attached it above… Thank you!

done, with detailed information

additional question
what is this calibration value 4095 for?

So…I got it partially working but I am getting a lot of Bad Checksum messages. Also, when I plug the serial interface in, the screen doesn’t work (it freezes)…

Any ideas? The app is still updating so I know the device is running…