DIYBMS v4

I bet you didn’t upload the file system image?

Many thanks, this was the problem. I have never known, that this must be done. I have a complete new installation oft the Visual Studio Software…

Have you seen the YouTube videos I did explaining how to program the controllers using VS Code ?

6 posts were split to a new topic: Workaround for the communication problems

4 posts were split to a new topic: mVPerADC value

6 posts were split to a new topic: Moules go into bypass when programming at 5v

hi stuart
ive seen your new prototype controller with display

my question is
i have a sma sunny island it can comunicate via canbus with bms.
does it mean the new controller you building can comunicate with my inverter?
or are there different can bus protocols?

thanks

@stuart or anyone

i’m trying to implement current monitoring to my diybmsv4 … i’ve only found 1 in depth video on how to kinda do this with the ACS712.

does anyone know of a "tutorial " on this?

Stuart is working on a current monitoring solution but it’s not ready yet. I think you’ll need to implement something standalone.

A post was split to a new topic: Upload code with protocol “usbtiny”

Well its been about 2-3 weeks now using the BMS and glad to report not many issues. I installed the modules to the sides of my 280ah LiFePO4 batteries and really the only issue I had was packet loss. Twisting the data wires from the 1st and last modules to the controller took care of the issue.

I did have programming and communication problems along the way all of which were a result of dry solder joints on the ATTINY or a header pin.

All in all very satisfied with the results. Would like to thank Stuart again for putting in the work to make this possible for all of us without the knowledge to do so on our own.

2 Likes

hi,
where U see that ?

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Need a little help here with a few things

A post was split to a new topic: Negative temperatures

well, I had a little time on my hands today and was pondering how I was going to mount my controller.

Din rail? nah My 3d printer isn’t working.

but you know what is working, my X-Carve. :wink:

Here is my solution right off the wasteboard. I pushed a couple of nylon stand offs in the mounting holes I machined. I pocketed out a hole to perfectly fit the relay board.

Then I attached the relay board to the Veneered MDF I machined. Now the fact that the relay board pins and mounting holes PERFECTLY align with the controller can’t be a coincidence, can it?
Anyways, perfect fit.

Here it is, still trying to figure out where I am going to screw it to, but for now, leaning against the pipe seems like a solid for now plan. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope that stuart doesn’t mind me using the logo for my mounting board. @stuart If you do mind, let me know, I should have asked first.

Better to seek forgiveness than permission? yes? no?

1 Like

I like it!

No its not :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to build some of these leaf boards can you share the files? I am running 28k of leaf cells 14s8p. Has anyone built for more than 4 parallels?