DIYBMS for Lithium Iron Phosphate battery cells (LiFePo4) 280aH

fwiw, the code in LISHEN_v1.5Vas2.1.zip has some issues with the GND copper layout. Will upload a new one soon. Please do not use it, I can now order the Vassilis modules

correct, that’s why I deleted the post/file.
@sato I’m almost done testing and correcting. Will pack it all up and upload it to JLC to test it.

:+1:ok

If you are in the USA I have four of spares and the parts to populate them, $25 plus shipping (USPS Priority).

thanks for the offer Mike, I’m in Greece, customs et al will possibly bite me!
I’d rather get it from someone within the EU although you do have some chips I could use (RS485 fe :slight_smile: )
not in a hurry, cells just left China will be here in a couple of months. May come back to you!

V.

Check my post in the shunt topic, I’ve posted links to the three ICs (excluding ATTiny1614) that would be needed for after JLCPCB assembly.

1 Like

I have, hence my mentioning it.
Sadly due to a general dysfunction of normal postal services I cannot buy from ebay/ali anymore as I have to get it via courier service, some don’t.
We shall see, I’m still evaluating what I’m going to gain if I go diyBMS shunt vs the existing Victron one (boat is all victron and BMS will be talking to them via canbus) Currently setting up a raspberry to test comms with venusOS.

V.

Vassilis, the post spacing is 89mm.

yes,
centre of the oval hole to the other is indeed 89mm. Haven’t touched Jau’s dimensions…
Will fit to 90mm posts as well as holes are oval.

V.

ok thanks

Hi Mike, would you post to the UK? If so I would definitely like them

If you are willing to pay the shipping costs I’ll send them over, however, I’d suggest combined shipping for a couple people in the UK (or surrounding area) to reduce the overall cost of shipping. From USA → UK for USPS International Priority Mail it would be just over $40 USD. Any applicable VAT/Customs costs would need to be paid on receiving end.

Sorry, I have just realised this is the ‘cell module’ thread and not the shunt thread - are you selling cell modules or shunts? I’ve got controllers and lots of modules, I just can’t find all the parts for the shunts so I haven’t even ordered any from JLC yet

I only have shunts available currently. I am looking at ordering a few more modules but no timeline for it yet.

First of all, let me say, fantastic work everyone!

The wife and I are completely off-grid. We currently live off 1, 12v/100ah battery and are eagerly waiting for our new cells to arrive.
The cell we are getting are EVE LF230 prismatic cells(64). These cells have a 123mm spacing.
Has anyone modified the hole spacing to match these larger cells?

I had a go a month or so ago, but ended up getting different cells with 90mm spacing and left that.
If you don’t mind waiting for my modules to arrive and be tested (…couldn’t even order them due to lack of components!), I can add the extra bit on the side and stretch it to 123mm

Thant sounds great! Waiting’s not a problem. The cells are on the mainland till March anyway. Hopefully there’ll start to be some stability to the supply chain by then (but I’m not holding my breath).

Ordered the 10 I need a couple of days ago, should hopefully have them in 10days or so. When I do, I’ll check that they are fine (should be!) and then publish the 89-90mm and the 123mm files. ATM only things missing are the connectors (easy) and the ATTiny chip (also reasonably easy to do with a decent soldering iron)

cheers
V.

quick question,

just noticed that JLC have decided to turn round ALL THREE diodes in the board :frowning:
original:

and the wrong one they are planning to built:

zoom in on D1, D3 and D4 :frowning:
is there anything I can do to change their mind?
that’s from the DFM Analysis popup screen which doesn’t seem to have any option to feedback…

there is only this “welcome back, may I help you?” chat thing on the bottom right hand corner of the screen

cheers

V.

doh!
too tired last night, I was wrong, they corrected it :slight_smile:
all fine, will report once I get them in my hands

V.

edit:
while waiting for the modules to arrive from JLC, I had a go at a multi spacing LifePO4 module:

looks a bit odd but could be a universal solution to the various terminal spacings on cells. The 72mm is the hardest to achieve without reorganising the whole lot in the board (wasn’t ready to do so…)

V.

2 Likes