Thanks, that is great. The bigger hurdle right now is finding the time to try and recreate the issues, especially as they are no longer fresh in my mind. I previously had to abandon several times as time was thin and I wasn’t able to put my finger on how to reliably recreate the issue to post here.
From what I can recall, I think there were some “unique-ness” issues around templates of the same name in a different subset, eg if I duplicated the OEM:emonTH template as pb66:emonTH to add my own processes and feeds. Also with the initialize/create device, sometimes it would report the feed as existing as it found a similar feed with a different tag. But I could be miles out, those descriptions are purely from fading memories.
I need to to some testing to confirm. Especially as there have been changes since I last tried it, it may of been fixed already. My test emoncms has not been updated in the last couple of weeks, so I think I need to find the issues before updating otherwise I will not know if if the issue’s fixed or I’ve just not found it.
Ah! Good, all these features are familiar and I’ve just checked my test server, it is running the device-integration branch, so it was just where I didn’t link the branch name to the feature set, we are on the same page I think.
I will gladly look at all the new stuff once I am able to confirm/reproduce/describe the issues known to me on the older setup. Previously I never progressed any further than finding these issues so I cannot say if the rest of it was bug-free or not, but it would obviously make more sense now to continue any testing after I do update to the latest version.