Dashboard undo/redo function

New function added to dashboard module this evening (master git branch - emonpi will follow shortly) - undo/redo thanks to @mattjgalloway

The new function adds 2 new buttons to the dashboard menu, which allows users to undo or redo changes that they have made to their dashboard layout.

Thanks Matt!

Paul

3 Likes

Fantastic! Great work everyone involved :clap:

I’ll let this settle in Master for a bit into to ensure any niggles are ironed out before merging into stable next week.

Further commit to the dashboard Master branch this evening to enhance the Undo/Redo feature.

This change means that if you move something left 5 times, then the undo states are all squashed into one. This is more natural. Similarly if you move things forward or backward multiple times, it’s just one undo state.

Nice work @mattjgalloway!

Paul

Ugh. here goes a “n00b” question?

How do I implement these changes in emoncms? I know a simple question, but a quick how-to would be very helpful.

Did you install emoncms using a image file, or build it using the github install guide?

Paul

The raspberry image

The feature has been added to the ‘master’ git branch for wider testing.

Once the openenergymonitor team are satisfied that it works OK, it will be added to the ‘stable’ repo, and at that stage, if you run ‘update’, it will install the feature automatically.

Try towards the end of next week.

Paul

I also have emoncms installed on a VM with ubuntu 15.10 as a backup, how would I go getting the undo/redo features?

Did you install emoncms using a image file, or build it using the github install guide?

Paul

Git hub install guide

From the emoncms/Modules/dashboard directory:
git pull

Paul