Daikin ASHP & Excess Solar

Hi All
I have a Daikin Altherma ASHP and Solis S6 PV inverter. I’m looking to purchase a EmonPi Solar Bundle and possibly Daikin LAN adapter to utilise excess solar production. Has anyone done this successfully?

Ideally there would be some way of taking the excess solar figures from the EmonPi and inputting into the Daikin Lan Adapter (see section 7 of https://www.daikin.eu/content/dam/document-library/Installer-reference-guide/ctrl/BRP069A61,%20BRP069A62_4PEN464229-1_2017_08_Installer%20reference%20guide_English.pdf)

Thanks
Mark

Hello @Mark_McMullan

I don’t think this has been done on here yet.

There is discussion relating to this over on the home assistant forums:
Daikin Heat pump Altherma Integration - #10 by sircobalt - Hardware - Home Assistant Community

and some other work e.g:
GitHub - magcode/daikin-mqtt: MQTT interface for Daikin AC Wifi Adapter

You can get data from the emonPi into home assistant and likely setup rules that would then link through to Daikin. Other’s here or perhaps on the home assistant forum may be able to help more with that than I can…

Hello,

Did you or anyone else ever find a way to monitor a Daikin altherma ASHP?

I have just had one fitted and am looking at ways to improve access to stats. Mine has WIFi but only basic info is available via the Daikin app.

Thanks

Terry

Hi Terry, no haven’t made any progress here unfortunately

There’s ESPAltherma, though I’ve no experience.
I’ve just had a Daikin fitted, still tuning the WC curve and getting sensors sorted for logging via Openenergymonitor.

Hi all

Ive just had a daikin ashp and solis inverter installed. My energy consumption doenst seem right with daily usage of 50kwh.
How mush does ashp use overnight on average when heating and water is not in use?
Any help will be apreciated as im baffled with current usage.

Hi

I’m based in Dublin, 175m2 house, have found maximum daily demand in winter to be about 30kWh for whole house (heating, hot water, cooking, lights etc ), in summer it would be 5-10kWh.

Sounds like you have a problem there.

Not sure if you have solved the usage but might be worth checking the back up heater is off or that it is set correctly (depending on which model you have).

Ant

Hi Mark,
We live off grid with solar power and VRLA batteries and have a Daikin ASHP fitted with a BRP072C42 wifi controller. I use a NodeRed script to modulate the set temperature (and in turn the power consumed) to maximise/limit its operation so that only excess available solar generation is used. The interface with the BRP072C42 is quite straight forward and uses https calls to get the operating status and set the control parameters (eg. power, mode, set temperature, fan speed, fan direction).
Can I help you?
Simon

Hi

I haven’t. Usage is extortionate

Is this backup heater for the water tank?
I have the Alterma 3

If you have an EDLA 9 to 16 there is a back up heater in the outdoor unit, if it’s a 4-8kw unit there isn’t one.

Also check your setpoint mode is in weather comp and not fixed flow.

Ant

Hi

So… electrician came, changed few settings (dont ask me what!) and the grid consumption has come down to ave 27kwh over the last 3 days which is a relief.

Overall consumption is averaging 50kwh. Does that now seem right?

GF - 118m2 under floor heating
FF - 100m2 radiators
SF - 62m2 radiators