Create an new installation with V11.2.2 on a shared webhoster

Hello

I try to made a new installation with Version 11.2.2 on a shared webhoster with PHP8.1.
Everything are ok, but i got an error when i click to the “Admin” button. I got the follow error message

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function passthru() in /home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html/Modules/admin/admin_model.php:485 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html/Modules/admin/admin_model.php(310): Admin->disk_list() #1 /home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html/Modules/admin/admin_model.php(97): Admin->system_information() #2 /home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html/Modules/admin/admin_controller.php(77): Admin->full_system_information() #3 /home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html/core.php(75): admin_controller() #4 /home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html/index.php(242): controller(‘admin’) #5 {main} thrown in /home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html/Modules/admin/admin_model.php on line 485

Does somebody has an idea what the cause of this error could be?

Thankfull for any hint
Gregor

Does your shared webhost disable passthru? Do this but search for passthru instead of exec:

Yes it’s disabled :lying_face:

I’m not sure, the webhoster are willing to enable it. :woozy_face:

Webhoster error. Replace webhoster and try again. :wink:

1 Like

Ubuntu 22 uses PHP 8.1.2
EmonCMS needs v7.4.3

I’d suggest installing ubuntu 20, not 22.

Not that easy :face_with_spiral_eyes:

This is on a shared webhoster not possible. I can change the PHP version to 7.4 and try it again

That’s a different problem, best handled by redirecting the warnings, and downgrading isn’t a long term solution anyway.

My webhoster has enabled passthru
now i can access to the admin sections.

follow error messages appears, but im not sure it’s relevant to me? Or can i ignore them?

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/ttyUSB0) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/xxxx/web/files:/home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html:/home/xxxx/web/xxxx/software_data:/home/xxxx/tmp:/home/xxxx/web/xxxx/stats) in /home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html/Modules/admin/admin_model.php on line 60

And also an error in the system info
Warning: Undefined array key “total” in /home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html/Modules/admin/Views/admin_main_view.php on line 133
Warning: Undefined array key “free” in /home/xxxx/web/xxxx/public_html/Modules/admin/Views/admin_main_view.php on line 135

Those are warnings not errors. The first is complaining it cannot access a USB serial device, which a server wouldn’t have anyway. The others are probably php starting to tighten up on questionable shortcuts in programming.

I think you could switch warnings off in your php.ini without serious problem, or just ignore them until a future emoncms version fixes them.

that’s what I thought, just wanted to be sure. Thanks