Connecting Sontex 531 to emonPi2

Trying to connect Sontex 531 heat meter to emonPi2 via M-Bus to USB converter (from OEM shop). Added it to the interfacers section in emonHub as per Docs:

[[MBUS]]
    Type = EmonHubMBUSInterfacer
    [[[init_settings]]]
        device = /dev/ttyAMA0
        baud = 2400
    [[[runtimesettings]]]
        pubchannels = ToEmonCMS,
        read_interval = 10
        validate_checksum = False
        nodename = MBUS
        [[[[meters]]]]
            [[[[[heatmeter]]]]]
                address = 1
                type = sontex531

Edited address to match meter ‘0’, baud rate 2400 OK, but can’t find read interval value in Sontex manual/LCD configuration menu (unless Sontex call it something else?). Powered emonP12 off/on, but nothing showing in inputs and emonHub log states Invalid MBUS data received.

Any ideas where I maybe going wrong. Thanks.

I think I’ve just found out what the problem was, edited MBUS config
to: device = /dev/ttyUSB1

1 Like

I’ve done a minor change to your first post to make it readable. For future reference, when posting code or output, please put 3 ‘backticks’ (normally found at the top left of the keyboard) on a line of their own before the code, and 3 more backticks also on a line of their own after the code:

```
code
```

If it is something like php you can add a language identifier after the first 3 backticks: ```php or even ```text if you don’t want any language markup applied.

Sorry all new to me. Thanks.

Don’t worry - it’s something very useful to know but buried deep in the documentation where you’d never expect to have to look!