I would like to install the emonpi with the solar functionality and I would like to see how easy is it is for my particular setup.
- Solar PV inverter/battery/meters are all in the attic of the house, above the first floor and I have one AC cable and one cat6 cable (goes to CT clamp) that go to my consumer unit on the ground floor.
- Can I somehow connect the emonpi in the attic only? Or do I need to also use a CT clamp at the consumer unit? If yes then could I use another pair inside the same cat6 cable?
- My network gear is in the attic also so I would have a stable LAN connection nearby.
- I assume with this I cannot get any battery data at this time? Will the battery usage show up as grid usage on the emonpi?
- I also have a shellyEM at my consumer unit which is CT clamped to my mains supply so I could get live values from this if it can be integrated with emonpi via mqtt for example.
- Can the emonpi be connected to the inverter via modbus/rs485 to obtain data that way?