Changing scale x3 for a 200A CT input

This page 200A max clip-on current sensor CT - Shop | OpenEnergyMonitor says that to use a 200A CT sensor (this is with an emonTx3 reporting through to emoncms.org) one has to alter the “scales” line within EmonHub. This I have now done (was scales = 1,1,1,1,0.01,0.1,0.1, 0.1,0.1,0.1,0.1,1, but is now scales = 3,1,3,3,0.01,0.1,0.1, 0.1,0.1,0.1,0.1,1) as I have 200A CTs on Inputs 1,3&4.

But although I have saved the changes, the Input Value of CT1 (for example) has not changed. I am currently charging an EV at 32A on that line, but the Input Value remained at ~2,700 despite my change.

Is there anything else I need to do?

TIA

EDITED TO ADD: I now think that my changes were to the emonTx3 within the emonHub page of the emonPi, and not within the emonHub page of emonCMS.org; but I can’t see how to interact with emonHub within emonCMS.org. Ahhhh, I find myself tied up in knots at times!

Yes, that will have been the local emoncms where you edited the local emonhub settings that would have applied to your emonTx had it been sending it’s info via rfm to this emonPi. But because you are sending the data direct to emoncms.org using an emonESP there is no emonHub enroute, so you must do those adjustments in the emoncms input processing. There is no emonhub config page on emoncms.org, because emonHub is a locally install software.

(ref Setting up an emonPi - some newbie questions)

The “better” place to adjust the calibration would be inside the emonTx itself. Then the same value will go to wherever you are storing the data. But this is only practical if you have a programmer and you’re happy to edit, recompile and upload the changes.

1 Like