I just updated from 9.9.8 to 10.1.13 - some nice touches but some regressions that I find serious, so much so that I’ve rolled back to 9.9.8 immediately. The ‘bugs’ that I have found are the following:-
- in feeds menu, when using a mobile phone, if you try to edit the feed by hitting the edit button at the top of the window, there is no apparent method to edit the name of an individual feed - it picks one feed, and that’s your only choice.
- I’ve always used the feed screen as a way to quickly glance over the data flowing from each feed (ie last updated / value) - on android these values do not show - only the feedname shows for each feed, no value.
In our particular implementation we use the feednames as a way to send messages to our nodes - we encode commands in the feed names - it’s unusual, but names were one of the few ways we could find to do that… they can be changed easily. We’d just create blank feeds and use them as ‘command sending feeds’. our arduino ‘nodes’ poll feed names every couple of minutes and if they see that the name has changed they pull the new name, interpret the encoded ‘command’ and execute… Not being able to update feed names in mobile is a tricky problem for us.
I’ve tried forcing android to use ‘desktop view’ but unfortunately it makes zero difference.