Bug? read-write -Set root file-system temporarily to read-write, (default read-only)

Sorry bothering you all with this but i think ( please correct me if i am wrong), if i read it well, the file-system is now set to read-write by default on the emonSD-30Oct18 image.
See: https://community.openenergymonitor.org/t/new-emonsd-dropping-read-only-root-filesystem-requirement/8293
If that so, it need to get fixed the text on the administration tab that says “Set root file-system temporarily to read-write, (default read-only)”.

Good point thanks for spotting @CelsoHenriques, I’ve added this as an issue on the emoncms github to fix text on the administration tab that says “Set root file-system temporarily to read-write, (default read-only)”. · Issue #1129 · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub

Correct, we need to detect if we’re running the new image which does not use a RO root FS and remove the button in Emoncms admin for these systems. Thanks for bringing this up.

Is necessary to remove the button? I am no developer and badly understand coding but if the root partition is read only, isnt that more safe, regarding to virus? And fixing just the text for those who want read only. Unless it messes with the system.

Since the button’s are dependent on the rpi-rw and rpi-ro commands, a test to see if those commands (files) exist and only display buttons if the’re present would suit all Pi users and images without a hardcoded lookup “version” test.

True, that’s a good solution. Since currently on the new image since the rpi-rw/ro files are not present the buttons don’t do anyting