Botched implementation after updating

Some months ago I ran a standard battery of updates on my ~3 year old emonPi. Not sure which version I updated to but the WebUI says I’m on low-write 10.1.1. I was hoping the update would fix an issue where occasionally inputs would stop working and I’d have to reboot the emonPi to get them all working again.

Unfortunately, many things have gone pear-shaped except for the MQTT feed which is one reason why I haven’t worried too much about until now.

But now the issues are irritating me and I want to get my emonPi back up to the full functionality I had when I first installed it.

My current symptoms are:

• MySolar app has vanished entirely
  • There are no inputs configured, and I get a couple of PHP errors on the Inputs page, but all my feeds are working just fine
  • The admin interface complains that /var/log/emoncms/emoncms.log is missing even after I touch it

Of course I wasn’t smart and didn’t do a full backup before running the update. I’m just wondering whether I should nuke my install and start from scratch or whether there’s some way of rescuing it and the three years of data on there.

Does anyone have any advice? Is there something I can do to fix a broken system without losing data?

Hi, welcome.

3 years old, I suggest starting with a fresh new SD card and EmonSD image.

I did a guide on updating - you can export your data and then import it again.

HTH

Sometimes the only option is to nuke the site from orbit!

Thanks for the advice, I’ll give it a go this weekend.

1 Like