Bar Graph Time Offset

I have an ongoing dispute with my electrical provider, in that their website regularly shows usage when there is a power outage. For example, the power was off here from shortly before 9AM until almost 3 PM on November 9th, but it shows my usage as continuous. Their system uses a bar graph to show hourly usage starting and ending on the hour.

When I display my collected data for the same date as a bar graph, it appears to centre the usage on the hour, starting at 30 minutes before the hour, to 30 minutes after the hour. Which makes it hard to compare the bar graphs.

Is there a simple way of adjusting the time offset when the displaying bar graphs? I’ve been poking around for a few hours now, haven’t found one yet.

Apparently not.

Is what you are asserting actually correct? Have you looked at a graph (as distinct from a bar chart) of your usage plotted against time - and counted off the energy over the hours starting on the hour and on the half-hour, for example?

I concern myself with the hardware and getting the numbers - I know little about the presentation side. Otherwise I could have answered you earlier. I think @TrystanLea is the person who wrote most of the presentation application programs, and my guess is he hasn’t seen your question.

Yes, I believe it is. In the bar graph of my data shown above, the 8 AM usage is 616 wh. When I plot a continuous graph of my usage data, the only time values that show similar usage are from 7:25 AM to 8:25 AM. Here is the graph, note the wh usage at the bottom.

I’ve tried other time values, this is the only one in the ballpark of 616 wh.

7:00-8:00 - 266 wh
7:15-8:15 - 473 wh
7:25-8:25 - 614 wh
7:30-8:30 - 650 wh
7:45-8:45 - 731 wh
8:00-9:00 - 791 wh

I’ve checked other hourly bar graph values, they show similar patterns.

Assuming the graph wh calculations are correct, the hourly bar graph values are approximately centered on the hour.

Which brings me back to my original question, can this be easily changed? Or does it require a code change?

As I wrote above, I don’t have the knowledge to answer that.

OK, thanks.