Are there expected 'out of stock' items for the controller and shunt?

in the video on the 4.4 module you say that the processor is expected to be out of stock at jlbpcb and plan to get it elsewhere, for the esp32 controller and shunt modules, are there parts expected to be out of stock as well?

trying to order the controller, they are out of
C3,C4, U1 (will reorder per support)
U3,U8 (not stocked)

trying to order the shunt they are out of:
U2, U4, U5, C6, C14

I’ve got almost everything I need but I’ve been trying to order the newest controller for many months now and they’re always out of the same 5 (or 6) components.
Is anyone else experiencing this level of stupidity? C3,C4 don’t even show as being an available item anymore, while the other 4 just show 0 in stock.

Please advise. This controller has just become the final needed piece for my entire setup. I’ve even already purchased my Sol-Ark 12K.
Thanks for any ideas.

5+ months without getting even one component back in stock is ridiculous. My solar panels, my batteries, etc., everything is ready and still no BMS. Sorry Stuart, but I had to order the Batrium. If I decide to do a second smaller system for the battery bank used to charge the car, I’ll think about diyBMS then.
And all JLCPCB says is I can “order a whole reel of 5,000 or 10,000 components” if I want to guarantee the parts are in stock when I order my small order of 5 controller boards. They’re all taking advantage of this shortage and the world knows it. Does anybody know a chip & board house in the US?

It is not just JLCPCB, your supplier. It affect others too:

And I think that’s a US website, referring to cars delivered over there.

Try waiting double that for parts to ship that have already been paid for. This is impacting much broader than just diyBMS components.

Also note that I ordered ten shunt PCBs populated from JLCPCB last week and aside from a couple known components that they don’t stock they had everything. The components that they did not have I sourced from other suppliers, including ordering from TI directly (cheaper than DigiKey/Mouser and they had stock!).

From your image posted previously showing various components as “inventory shortage”, a few of those have direct swaps available but the ones below you will need to source elsewhere:

• TCA6408 - required, used for relay control
  • TJA1057GT/3 - optional, only used for the CAN interface which is only used for Victron support, if you are not using Victron equipment you can skip this safely for now.
  • TCA9534A - required, used for: LEDs, CAN, TFT.
1 Like

Just an FYI. I put in a notification request for the TI made chips on shortage at JLCPCB and got notification that the TI-Store has some back in stock. Coincidentally, DigiKey is showing some as well now.
Anywho, I believe there are still a couple, well one in particular, that LCSC is no longer making at all. It’s been removed from their site catalog.
Oh, and this one is funny, all of the JLCPCB components are showing as Inventory Shortage today. Probably a database issue.

Mike, can I give you a call this next week to ask you a quick question regarding state-side builders? Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Which part is no longer available?

I posted Any interest in another group buy of diyBMS ESP32 Controller PCBs? - #9 by atanisoft about organizing another US based group buy. If we can get at least 15 PCBs claimed I’ll submit an order for 30 and source the parts required to fill them all.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the quick reply.
To answer your first question, I think it was CA45-A010M226T. Although it now looks like none of the components are coming from LCSC. They’re all showing as JLCPCB sourced. And what’s the deal with that $16 component (TCA6408APWR)? That’s a $1.01 part if purchased direct from Texas Instruments.

To the next part, I appreciate the answer regarding ESP32 Controller PCBs, but that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about. Sorry but I couldn’t be more specific before without writing you a book.
I can be reached at [email protected] if you want to setup that zoom call.

Thanks,
Tom

There is virtually no supply available and they are likely picking them up from scalpers who have full reels of them now. It’s rather annoying when searching for parts only to find them at scalper prices.

Any one know where i can get ADM2483xRW for current shunt?