Archive: emonSD-07Nov16 RELEASE šŸŽ‰

After running the update-nodejs-and-nodered command it looks like nodeJS 4.6.x (LTS) is installed via apt-get. And npm and Node-RED are installed via npm.

pi@emonpi(rw):.node-red$ apt-cache policy npm
npm:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.4.21+ds-2
  Version table:
     1.4.21+ds-2 0
        500 http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie/main armhf Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

pi@emonpi(rw):.node-red$ apt-cache policy nodered
nodered:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0.15.2
  Version table:
     0.15.2 0
        500 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/ jessie/main armhf Packages

pi@emonpi(rw):.node-red$ apt-cache policy nodejs
nodejs:
  Installed: 4.6.2-1nodesource1~jessie1
  Candidate: 4.6.2-1nodesource1~jessie1
  Version table:
 *** 4.6.2-1nodesource1~jessie1 0
        500 https://deb.nodesource.com/node_4.x/ jessie/main armhf Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.10.29~dfsg-2 0
        500 http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie/main armhf Packages
pi@emonpi(rw):.node-red$ 

Ā 

Enclosed is the update-nodejs-and-nodered terminal log:

2016-11-11 - update-nodejs-and-nodered.pdf (65.7 KB)

Thanks for explanation @pb66. That all makes sense.

Since settings the Pi timezone currently requires SSH itā€™s an advanced operation which we cannot expect all users to have the ability to undertake. Itā€™s good to know that itā€™s not essential for Emoncms

Itā€™s mentioned in the troubleshooting section: Troubleshooting ā€” OpenEnergyMonitor 0.0.1 documentation

Thanks for elaborating. Iā€™ve had a look at the terminal pdf and as I feared:

This script will remove the pre-installed versions of node.js and Node-RED
and replace them with node.js 4.x LTS (argon) and the latest Node-RED from Npm.

Iā€™m keen for the pre-built image to stick to using the apt version of nodered and nodejs. I think this is best for stability. As I mentioned before users can always update if they want. Maybe I could add the update steps to the oem_nodered readme to make it as easy as possible.

I am trying to use RASPBERRY PI ZERO and I have some issues comparing with May Image:

1- I canā€™t conect with USB wifi properly configuring interfaces file and wpa config file
2- I canā€™t shutdown directly, When I write ā€œsudo shutdownā€ I program a shutdown for tomorrow. I donā€™t understand it

I will keep searchingā€¦

OK, now it is running ok. I was trying to connect wifi using wpa config file and it is easier using interfaces file only.

I shutdown again properly.

Everything it is allright! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You omitted part of the command.

It should read: sudo shutdown -h now

An easier to remember alternative is: sudo poweroff

After further successful testing emonSD-07Nov16 has now been released :tada:

All emonPiā€™s / emonBaseā€™s and pre-build SD cards shipped from the shop will include this new image.

Download:

Glyn - Excellent news!
Ā 

I am assuming the release image emonSD-07Nov16 is the same image as the emonSD-07Nov16 BETA image. And I do not need to re-download and re-image on a new SD card. Please confirm.

Thank you for your hard work!

no way to upgrade without physically rewriting the sd card ? or did I miss something (once more ā€¦ :wink: )

Correct, the release is the same as the beta. Thanks a lot for you help.

As I mentioned above you can get the important updates by following:

Just installing emonSD-07Nov16, and noticed the typos in emonSDexpand:

THIS OPPERATION WILL

and:

AT LEAEST 30min

also, should be:

in an unusable

Sorry! canā€™t help myself :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know, Iā€™ve submitted a PR for the typoā€™s

Thanks, merged :thumbsup:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: No Setup->Administration option on menu

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: No Setup->Administration option on menu

A post was split to a new topic: MQTT no longer working after update from emonSD-03May16 to most current version

The latest release is now emonSD-26Oct17: