Anyone have .stl file for the new 4.6 controller?, and the balancer?

Please help with this… i’m no designer.

Here I share a 3D model (Autodesk Fushion360) of the whole enclosure for the Controller v4.4.
It’s not exactly what you are looking for but may help somehow. Of course you can generate a STL file inside Fushion360. I used it to 3D print this enclosure for my BMS:

2 Likes

And here is an enclosure for the same controller v4.4 but with 4 x cell monitors v4.6:

1 Like

Thats an amazing work. looks really great. Would you may consider to share an *.stl file, that it can be printed?
/Chris

Filip, that is awesome, and I’m jealous at your Fusion skills… If I didn’t have 17 other things I need to learn to survive the upcoming zombie apocalyse, I’d follow your path.

Can I politely and humbly ask for the .stl file, or the .3mf file. I know I’ve asked for a finger, and now want the arm. But, I don’t think I know how to convert it. As I don’t have an account.

Can I buy you a coffee? virtual one? not sure how to do that either. :slight_smile:

I played with both of the models, and it’s super slick. I also tried to download the file, maybe I can convert it, but no luck. I think we’d need to export it.

Hi,
STL Files are attached below.

• I’m not sure are these there very final version, but should work in most cases.
  • The “button holder” is a small element to put in a acrylic tube which may work as a button (needs to be squashed before mounting). This acrylic tube is 5mm thick and can be bought on internet, below a sample.
  • This tube may also work as a LED light transfer to see what shines on the PCB.
  • I suggest to print the enclouser body in 0.1mm thickness (settings in the 3D printer) for best strenght of the walls as I made them with a “optimized” wall thickness so they may crack if squized to much.

STL Files:
DIYBMS - enclousers.zip (2.4 MB)

Acrylic tube:
obraz

I forgot to reply. I’ve printed both, and realize they are both for the BMS? do you by chance have one for the battery monitor? Yours are better than mine. I’ve got the basic structure from online, but no enclosure.

why did you make them so deep by the way? for air circulation? also, I’ve seen some that have cutouts for the buttons, and the stacks,

I used PLA silk I think it is. but, maybe would be better out of Nylon? or CF?

They are so deep because:

1. Both should handle the screen which sticks out a bit.
  2. The one with cell monitors also should have at least basic air circulation. For me it works as my cells are well balanced, but in case of heavy balancing temperature might be an issue. This is why printing with PET-G instead of PLA might be a good idea.

Finally, I will be making a version for 4x, 8x and 16x cell monitors since I’m expanding my battery bank but for the moment I don’t have those yet. Propably I’ll make those this year but not faster than next month.

oh… wait… I didn’t connect those dots… you are putting the cell monitors into the same box yes? but wait, those cell monitors are the small older ones? or are they the new 16s ones?

I’m so sorry, I mixed up the versions.
So the STL’s are for:

• smaller enclousure - its just for the controller version v4.4
  • bigger enclousure - its for the controller version v4.4 and four (4x) cell monitors version v4.5 (not v4.6 as I wrote before). This one is to use with a 12V battery pack (for my RV motorhome).

No worries Filip, You’ve already pushed me forward a few steps, my family thanks you. :slight_smile: but, you did give me some interesting thoughts. Like the bigger BMS’s from competitors, they are physically much much bigger than this DIY bms. I was wondering what’s inside those enclosures. Is it just more 4.6 style monitors in that enclosure? or just more heatsyncs? I’m going to add an active balancer as well for each 16s pack. Should I send you my first attempt at an enclosure here for the 4.6? or are you not going to use that solution? I would love your design skill additions. Also, are you paying fully for Fusion 360? seems expensive to me.

Sure, send it to me, maybe I will find few minutes to help you make it in Fushion. I use the free version of Fushion and it fully suits my needs.
In the 12V version the cell monitors are stacked in pairs with a 10mm plastic tube making the distance them (I forgot to mention this before) and no heat-sinks used.

From my expiernce : well top-balanced cells need just a tiny bit of balancing so passive-balancing works just OK. I charge batteries up to 3.85V/cell (thats my 100% SOC) so the “Range O:” usually does not excide 30-50mV.