Anyone got photo of the connections of the latest spec charge point with manual switch?

Hi All,

First post here.

I’ve had an energy monitor running for a good few years and decided now was the time to take the plunge into the charge points.

I’m building two.

The guide doesn’t show how to connect the switch and although I could guess I’d rather not and thought I’d ask.

I’ve uploaded both the reference photo from the guide and what mine actually looks like.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

Welcome, Richard, to the OEM forum.

It might be a good idea to let us know what you’re talking about. You’ve got to remember that all we know about what you’re doing is what you write in your post. I’m guessing it’s openEVSE. I’ve tagged you post with “openevse” - if it isn’t, it can be changed very easily.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I’m trying to build the latest edition of an OpenEVSE charge point. Sorry for not making that clear.

The upper photograph is taken from the current build instructions here

The lower photograph is what my kit looks like.

Similar but not identical.

Would appreciate guidance on how I might map between the two so I get my connections correct.

Thanks,
Richard

Hi,

I would say that the switch cable must be the one with stripped bare ends as the switch has screw connectors

John

Hi,

this may also help

OpenEVSE_PLUS/Advanced_v5_2020.pdf at master · OpenEVSE/OpenEVSE_PLUS · GitHub

John

Hi,

The diagram did help. Although I’d looked at it several times, only on this occasion did I spot the comment at the top left regarding ‘optional switch’

All built now.

Hopefully time this weekend to start testing it.

Thanks again.

Hi Richard, I have the same hardware version. Could you send us a photo of your final setup ?