Any old emontxV3 no longer in use?

I am trying to do simple monitoring of badly set-up Eco4 heat pumps. Trying to do on a shoestring, and only CT and temperatures. An old emontxV3 would do the trick. Any second hand ones about? Just seeing input power and flow/return temperatures can tell a great deal about the systems health

1 Like

“Shoestring” often costs more than just doing it right. I keep learning this. In one of my efforts I designed a low cost energy meter USD$15. It is a serious DIY project not for the feint of heart. Along those lines you could get an ESP-01 with a power supply and temperature sensor for about USD$10 and wrap the sensor to lines. If you go this way, be sure to read the caveats!

Indeed, shoestring can take a great deal of time, and it depends how that is valued. Sometimes, things need monitoring, and there are no funds exactly. Anyhow, I have managed to get some old bits re-purposed with the help of Trystan & Glyn

Great! I hope it all works out for you.

OSD

John, are you still looking for a redundant V3? I have one if you are interested. If so, reply and PM me.

Simon

1 Like

Thanks Simon. I think I have enough now. Trystan & Glyn kindly had some suspect ones (no RF etc).
There are many new Eco4 ASHPs going in, and some elderly/low icome people have them. I am trying to fit simple (4 temperaure and one CT) for free for them. A lot can be gleaned about how to set the system. Its throwing up badly pipes buffer tanks and various things, so worth doing. It satifies my curiosity too.

Well there’s one here if you run through your supply from Trystan and Glyn.

Simon