Admin Authentication Required on new LAMP stack build

Anything in the webserver or emoncms logs?

So I think you have logged on (you are getting the wrong message to have failed to authenticate against the saved password), I think emoncms is not picking up that correctly.

I did use the example.settings.ini ( edited where i needed ) and changed to settings.ini

@borpin this was a log from earlier ( not sure if it is related now )

If i put in the wrong password - i am given an “incorrect password” error message.

. So the form is certainly reading the DB…

Thanks @Wayne can you see anything in your browsers console log? If you look under the Network section when you try to login you should see it fire away a request to user/login, it may be refreshing the page before you get a chance to see what the reply is…

2nd thing to check, after entering your details and clicking login , what happens if you navigate to /emoncms/feed/list manually in the address bar?

I’ve tried @TrystanLea. I cannot see the request URL ( too fast ) . Same login form presented in emoncms/feed/list ( no difference ).

I’m not winning with this. Is there anybody we can call on within this group who could maybe help? I’m more than happy to provide cpanel details … failing which I am going to pack in my effort thus far and move along …

Yes feel free to PM me with your cpanel details and I will try and take a look for you.

Hi Guys , I have managed to get the basics working. I am now trying to process a list setup but am getting errors :-

ERROR: Feed could not be created, could not write meta data file fopen(/var/opt/emoncmsdata/phpfina/9.meta): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Any suggestions? Dying to get to a chart view

Does that folder exist?

You have done the path from the root folder /var/opt/emoncmsdata/phpfina/9.meta. I suspect on a shared environment this isn’t correct. You can change where this points to in the settings.ini.

@borpin my settings.ini has a different path for phpfina - which doesn’t seem to be being used?

I really seem to be battling with this code - I am now starting to think I never used a stable version.

Did you edit the settings.ini file or the default-settings.ini

You should only edit the settings.ini file, as per the warning at the top of the default settings file.

It is not really designed for shared hosting environments so you are making things more difficult from the start. It does work, but needs more effort.

Bob, i have only ever edited the settings.ini file

Which is weird because as you can see from the screenshot previously sent it isnt referencing an error with that directory?

It is my own dedicated server Bob - not shared with anyone

Sorry @borpin, my apologies , not sure where the bob reference came from Brian.
Thinking out aloud - is there an easier way i can test EmonCMS - is there a server already setup that i could link a device too ? That way i can see if my efforts are worth the input ?

Ok. Why did you follow the shared hosting instructions? You are making life difficult for yourself and for us trying to help. Those instructions are for folk using this on an external shared hosting system, not a local dedicated server.

If it is a Debian based system, use this method to install emoncms. You can comment out the elements you do not need.

I suspect your issue is the webserver does not have write permission to that folder.

There is a paid for service emoncms.org, but that is generally for the OEM products although you can get other devices to upload data with a bit of effort.

It’s not Debian , it’s a CentOS build Bob. ?

Prime example of time wasted / wheels spun, because all of the pertinent info was not included
up front in the first post. Had you mentioned you were trying to get emonCMS to run on CentOS,
those who have done so, may have stepped up to the plate to help you.

That said, emonCMS is a Debian based system, and although others have sucessfully run it on
Slackware, CentOS, etc., the number of those folks is likely to be quite small.

This is not aimed specifically at the OP, but rather is a call to all users who look to the forum
for solutions to their issues with OEM. When we don’t have the big picture, it can be very difficult
for us to assist with resolution of said issues.

2 Likes

This is so, so true.

And it can be expensive, too. This post EmonTx 3.4, Huzzah EmonESP WiFi, AC-AC power supply and 4x 100A CTs - Almost new in the Marketplace has arisen because the seller didn’t realise that all OEM/Megni equipment is principally designed for the standard UK domestic mains supply, all the firmware bar one sketch is the same, and he didn’t have the expertise nor desire to load the 3-phase sketch into his emonTx. Had he not casually mentioned 4 posts down the first of two threads that he has a 3-phase supply, a lot more anguish for him and a lot of wasted time for everyone concerned could have ensued while everyone tried to figure out why some of his readings were so far wrong. It does say on the shop website “single-phase”, but it’s not at all prominent. Had he spotted that and asked here before he sent the order, a lot of heartache would have been avoided.

2 Likes