Adding tarriff to App Cost Comparison

Hi

In the web based apps there is an app that gives cost comparisons. Is there a way to add to the table of tariffs that appears?

Ian

Hello Ian, I’ve been thinking the same, but have not yet added any. The cost comparison app was created by @stuartpittaway (New App - Cost Comparison by stuartpittaway · Pull Request #32 · emoncms/app · GitHub), there is a tariff definition table here app/rates.js at master · emoncms/app · GitHub

Hi everyone,

After playing around with the current cost comparison app and comparing it to the the other consumption apps available on emoncms.org I was wondering whether it would be possible to include an option to input your own tariff into the system -similar to how it is done on my electric- (and perhaps that data could be saved so that the list of tariffs is slowly expanded)?

I think it would be very useful for people to be able to see their consumption patterns by making use of the energy use by half-hour of day:

Has there been any progress made on this since Ian posted this? Alternatively, would it be possible to incorporate the half-hour of day (over whole period) graph into time of use-flexible? That may be less work than the suggestions I made before…

Rocio

A bit late to the party, but I added my own tariffs to rates.js and can post them if anyone wants.

Before I dive in and add a “total for visible period” (so I can compare its estimates with my billing period), can anyone tell me if it’s already been done or not, or if there’s a clever way to do it?