Access to Emoncms.org data

Hello,
What is the license to use data collected by Emoncms.org? Can I write an app to copy all the data to my local server to compare / contrast / analyze? Thank you.

It is your data. You can do what you like with it.

No need to copy… If you’re using an emonPi or an emonBase, you can send your data to a local instance of emonCMS as well as emoncms.org

Thank you very much for the replies. I apologize for not being clear in my question. When we put our data in OEM’s Emoncms.org, at a minimum the admins of this datastore have access to all our data. Who owns this data? What can the owners do with this data? Is the data open source? Can anybody access all the data? Thank you.

True, but they’re probably not all that interested. So have the operators at the data centre(s) where the servers live. And they’re probably less interested.

Destroy it! (That is probably the biggest and only realistic risk.)

No.

Only if you make it “Public”. Otherwise, they need the API key (either will work to read the data, only the read-write one allows writing). This is why we moderators diligently obscure posts with the API key visible anywhere.

N.B. All this assumes that emoncms.org doesn’t get hacked.