0.99 kw PV installation DNO notification requirements?

Hi,

I am looking to install a (initially) very small 0.99kw PV array on my flat roof. I think I have all the design and components sorted (including EmonPI obvs)… The last thing on my list to check off before I pull the trigger is around notification of the DNO for instillation of micro generation? Can anyone offer advice on what are the legal requirements around this. From what I can tell as the system is <3.68 kw (or 16 amps) I simply have to notify them, insure it is possible isolate it from the network and generation automatically stop if power to the main grid is lost.
Any guidance as to the notification requirements (if required) and if so which forms would be gratefully appreciated?

Thanks,

Pete.

I did something similar. I requested the forms, completed them and sent them in. A week or so later the approval came in. We are with Western Power. They required name of installer and qualification. I stated myself as installer and my C&G technician’s qualification. I didn’t mention it was a Mechanical Engineering certificate!

You might want to get the form from your DNO and see what they require.

thanks for that Ian. Very useful. I wonder if my GCSE in CDT would count!

Further “googling” showed it is ok to enter “N/A (self-installed)” in the accreditation /qualification section.

As a follow up. I used this form UK Power Networks G83 Notification. Put “n/a (self install)” for qualification, links to the microinverter certifications (in the comments section) and attached a simple circuit diagram. Emailed it to the address at the top and it came back approved within a week. Very straight forward in the end.

1 Like

What did you use for

"SSEG Test Report (Appendix 4) or web address if appropriate (not necessary if already
provided e.g. under a Stage 2 connection) "

Screen grab from the comments section of my form.
Just summary of what I have installed and url to the test certs for the model of microinverters. Hope this helps.

For completeness. Someone else has asked what grid profile i used in the UK for these microinverters.

“Grid Profile UK G83-2-1:2018 applied to S-Series/IQ-Series Microinverters”

In my case I have 3 IQ7PLUS-72-2-FR microinverters.

Pete.