/var/log filled up in emonSD-03May16

Apologies, I do mean rfm69pi - it is the whole unit, supplied from the shop, and yes the power cycle fixed it

If the rfm2pi led stays on that must mean the avr of the rfm2pi has stopped rather than the rfm module just losing it’s settings so please post again if it reoccurs as it is not the same issue mentioned above.

For that issue there are no reports of the led staying on and a simple change of setting resumes the data without a reset, that is unlikely to be possible if the avr is non-functional

Thanks Paul, i’ll look out for that and post if it happens again. As this solid LED condition only happened after a reboot, and I don’t usually reboot very often, I hope it won’t happen again.

However I used to get problems that were similar to the issue where traffic just stopped whilst the Pi was active, and I had been following the thread on the old forum, but as I was on and older emonSD from 2015 I was waiting until I upgraded to test the scripts for detecting when traffic stopped and automatically nudge the rfm2pi back into life.

I’ve had enough fun this week with /var/log filling up (solved) and lwrfd not starting (not yet solved) that I haven’t had chance to re-read that thread and test scripts! Hopefully will do soon.