Updated EmonCMS today now the graphs are all corrupted

I did have that running on emoncms.org until the recent update, it is now all done on the fly, it’s a little slower but a lot simpler in terms of the implementation and ease of code maintainability. That implementation did still require ticking the average box to enable it.

The other issue of course with enabling averaging as default is that you don’t want averaging in all cases, e.g looking at cumulative kWh data

But this issue with some feeds showing as empty when there’s an interval mismatch is also annoying, so I think I need to find some way of improving the experience… perhaps showing an alert box if there is a large % of null values returned…?

@PaulM47 I had similar issues, like “corrupt” graphs, few weeks ago (no update, just some power outages).
For me the solution was to disable/enable the checkboxes again, in the Graph section.
This fixed all my graph issues.

1 Like

Yep, many thanks, that solved it !!

Update - It’s not a solution - opened the second (updated) Pi this morning and the graphs are corrupted again, had to un-tick and re-tick everything again to see them correctly !! The live Pi is still Ok.

PaulM

2 Likes

This doesn’t correct anything, the only thing that corrects the graphs is un-ticking and re-ticking the selection box on the left, and that only persists until I log out.

As the problem affects all the graphs, and my accumulated power graph takes on the appearance of the daily power graph when the problem arises, I think I’d be looking for a database pointer initialisation being corrupted when logging in, but being corrected when un-ticking and re-ticking the selection boxes. This has only happened sometime in the past couple of months as before the beginning of February there was no problem. I usually run a full update at the end of the month but for various reasons missed the end of February one so can’t narrow it down any further. Am I the only one seeing this problem ??

Ah ok, sounds like some of the settings for the graph are not being saved correctly, I will see if I can replicate here, thanks.

1 Like

Have you tried creating the graph from scratch and saving it as a new name (as a test)?

I’ve got this on a V10 system that I have not updated. If you save the graph with a scale, you can never get it back to ‘auto’.

Any updates on this problem yet ??

I’m just about to run the end of April archives but won’t be updating Emon if it still destroys the graphs :frowning:

What Browser/OS are you using?

Brave, Firefox and Opera, all displays are the same, on Xubuntu.

Not that then (there have been issues with MacOS and Safari in the past).

Can you try it on a Windows machine?

Nope, don’t have any Windoze machines other than a Windoze XP VM, and I’m assuming that’s not relevant :slight_smile:

No, and not a distro I use (actually none of my Linux machines have a GUI on them) so cannot test to see if it is distro specific. Quite possibly it is.

…to pick this one up again. I’ve just opened emonpi to run through my end of month routine and the graphs are corrupted, I assume because I re-booted it a few days ago to update it’s IP address due to change in my DHCP server. I haven’t run any firmware updates since my last comments so it’s still running the last formal software release.

Laboriously unticking and ticking each graph item corrects the problem and shows the graphs correctly.

Any progress through this past month on this one ??

PaulM

Updated Emon today and the corrupted graph problem appears to have gone, re-booted without the problem occurring :slight_smile:

PaulM