Standalone smart(ish) thermostat

hi

I’m considering getting one of these as a way of remote controlling underfloor heating in a weekend property. I may upgrade to having an emonPi hub at some stage but for the first step I’d like to use the wifi relay standalone. To make it a bit more failsafe, I have a couple of questions:

• could I add a screen (e.g. 2 line LCD)? would I have to change the firmware to display the relevant information?
  • what about an override button that closes / toggles the relay?

Finally, I’m considering leaving the existing thermostat in place and wiring the new one in parallel. Then I can leave the old one off but use it as an override if necessary (I don’t want to have no heating if the wifi is not working for reason). Any thoughts on whether this will work?

Thanks

Oliver

If you give us more info on what “one of these” is, someone might be able to help you.

Otherwise, it’s a shot in the dark.

Sorry - my questions relate to the wifi relay thermostat that’s sold in the shop.

I meant one of these: WiFi MQTT Relay / Thermostat - Shop | OpenEnergyMonitor

Anyone have advice on this?

Either the wifi relay question about adding a display or more simply fitting two thermostats in parallel on an electric underfloor heating circuit?

I’d be very grateful for any thoughts or experience you can offer.

Regards

Oliver

You can certainly have two thermostats in parallel.

I can’t comment about adding an override or a display to the ‘shop’ Wifi device. It was designed by and is made for Martin Harizanov. You can try a PM to him (Martin_Harizanov) if you wish to ask him directly.