Newly created inputs not appearing in emonCMS via MQTT

Yes, exactly. Also it’s more lightweight than http so it’s more power and processing efficient for low power connected devices to post via MQTT e.g. ESP8266. On the emonSD MQTT allows us to share data easily between the LCD script, nodeRED, openHAB and Emoncms.

1 Like

He has 2 main issues, firstly data isn’t coming out of the RFM2Pi and secondly there are loads of “unable to connect to MQTT” seen in the emonhub logs whilst trying to debug the lack of RFM data.

Yes, I have documented all these test steps above and proven there is a problem with the MQTT input of emoncms.

I think Sian’s more recent posts need to be split off to another topic now as this thread has a lot of useful debugging info about that MQTT input issue with emoncms, which is the original issue Sian was posting about…
[Edit - done!. Moved to No data from RFM2PI reaching emoncms)

1 Like

Any resolution to this issue? In my recent development work to add new interfacers into emonhub, I also noticed that new data isn’t pushed into the local emonCMS, but is visible in the online emoncms.org site.

All I see is the “rssi” input value.

Me too.

I now have my first emonTH_V1 back and inputs on node 19. I fixed the definitions of the inputs in emonhub.conf on the pi, and although I get int temp, ext temp, humidity and battery appearing in emoncms.org, all I see on the pi is rssi.

Give the PI a reboot, and I suspect it will appear!

Aha. Yes they have. Thank you.