Newbie question about rated heat pump output

Thank you for all the amazing information and explanations. It has been so helpful and I have found it fascinating and it has really helped me understand the point you are making here.

1 Like

More viarbales than boilers, yes!

Imitating a setup / recipe that you know does the job is a good option. Experimenting is for those with the luxury of being able to get away with it though I think!

I hear you!

However the Samsung really is quite the unit internally…

• Intercooled
  • Vapour injected
  • Liquid injected
  • Hot gas byapssed

Some of which improve efficiency; some of which harm efficiency. (hot gas bypass in particular is a way to provide less heat whilst using the same input power)

I don’t think you can draw the same conclusions on linearity as you might on a more basic unit without all the gubbins.

1 Like

I’d love to reverse engineer that circuit, but without a MIM-C02N hooked up I can’t access real time conditions/valve status etc, and the £200 price tag wouldn’t pass the rigid tests imposed by my Chief Finance Officer… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Think howmuch time it would occupy though @SarahH and how much peace and quiet the CFO could enjoy!

(that’s the line I use with my wife when toy shopping anyhow!)

1 Like

Now, now; we don’t want a misogyny war to break out here. :laughing:

1 Like

I wish Samsung provides same data as Mitsubishi. In all the honesty peak output is pretty useless for their HTQuiet range because they all reach the rated max. output 8KW, 12KW and 14kW even at -20C.

Min output would be more interesting and you won’t find it. Even nominal would be interesting. I don’t know what other ranges but 8KW pump can deliver min. ~2KW. But I had to find on my own. I don’t have a precise number though.

I have this heat pump from Dimplex provided in CH by a different importer: System M | Dimplex

Can someone tell me why there is a rated power of 4.7kW at A -7/W35 while in the diagram at page 7 in the data sheet for -7 audoor air and on the W35 curve you only get 3.9kW at max power: https://eshop.meiertobler.ch/docs/pim_mam_neu/14839.01X_DE_Datenblatt_Oertli_Sytem_M_04-06_Compact_Plus.pdf.

I found that the HP uses the 2nd electrical heat generator quite often for short periods of time and it is questionable as I suspect that it uses the electrical resistance to supplement the power. Which is cheating.

Also if you take a look at the energy label it is a false one…