Ah, I see the issue there is an entry in rc.local from dataplicity. I’m assuming you installed dataplicity on the emonPi? I’ve not used it, however I’ve just had a look and it looks like a nice solution for easy remote Pi access: https://www.dataplicity.com/
How have you been finding it?
In order to get the emonpi folder to update while keeping the dataplicity changes to rc.local we need to stash your changes, pull in the new changes then restore your changes. Try running:
git stash pop
In order to run git stash you may need to give git your name and email. I don’t plan to push anything to github to come you can just make these up.
I saw no mention of any specific commit relating to this when I briefly looked through the repo just now though.
If I get a mo, I will try a fresh install to see if the issue still exists as the installer seems to be downloaded from the main site rather than being in the client repo so a fix might not be obvious without trying it.
Apologies for the delay. We have a new version of the agent due out in the next two weeks. I have asked that this be looked at in time for that release. Some of our own devices are also impacted by this issue.
I’ve just added the bash commands you need to setup dataplicity log files to the standard emonPi rc.local so dataplicity will work out of the box for all emonPi users. You can now stash your changes and pull in the latest change and you will be good to go for automatic updates in the future:
Then reboot to test dataplicity comes back online ok.
See my post on the dataplicity thread for more info:
Hi, I’m pretty much a novice with respect to EmonCMS but am getting the hang of things.
I recently updated the apps (git pull) and noticed a change from the previous My Solar Divert. Previously the divert was displayed as ‘cumulative’ with the house use. Like in this picture.
You can see the orange ‘divert’ is stacked on top of the light blue house use.
But now the divert starts on the x-axis. The reason I like it stacked is that it was easy to see if the there was a problem with the diversion. The cumulative house use and divert should not exceed the solar generation. I.e. the orange stacked on the light blue should not be more than the yellow. But now with the divert not being stacked on the house use it is difficult to visualize the total use.
Sorry…as a new user I am only allowed to post 1 picture. I hope this makes sense?
These are “My Solar Divert” vs “My Solar PV”. You can see in the top image that the ‘divert’ (orange) is not added to the ‘use’ (light blue). In the lower image the ‘use’, that includes the divert as it is not divert aware, approximates the solar generation.
With the previous version of the app the ‘divert’ sat on top of the ‘use’, and looked more like the lower image but made up of light blue and orange. You can imagine adding the orange to the light blue in the top image. Any orange that was greater than the yellow means that too much power is being diverted and is therefore using electricity from the grid. So ‘house use’ plus ‘divert’ should not be more than solar generation if the diversion is working correctly. Of course the house use may exceed solar generation, in which case there should be no divert at all.
I’ve edited the image using photoshop to approximate what it looked like before the apps were updated:
We recently installed a monitoring system for our local community hydro in Llanberis, North Wales. As a good demo of the new MyElectric2 app with the app title set to the hydro name and the energy comparison box hidden, here’s the live turbine output: