New emonSD release: emonSD-26Oct17 🎉

Correct. It has been realistically 8GB for the Nov16 release also once the image is expanded to a usable size.

Excellent. I will make the this ‘slim’ image the new emonSD-26Oct17 image download. The download link above will stop working. Please use the normal emonSD-26Oct17 download link: emonSD pre built SD card Download & Change Log · openenergymonitor/emonpi Wiki · GitHub

OK! Thanks.
Now it works. I was able to install on a 64GB ScanDisk microSD card.

1 Like

I can also confirm that the new image works fine as well on my SanDisk cards, thanks @glyn.hudson

1 Like

Well… I have now another problem:

• when i do the “emonSDexpand” the raspberry reboots and then stays very slow and nothing works! I cant enter emoncms etc…
  • after the comand (sudo emonSDexpand) i get a warning: “Re-reading the partition table failed”

Does anyone gets the same?

When I try to enter emoncms I get:
“Can’t connect to database, please verify credentials/configuration in settings.php
Error message: **Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)”

After running the comand “sudo systemctl status mysql.service -l”
I get:
● mysql.service - LSB: Start and stop the mysql database server daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/mysql)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-12-07 18:07:11 WET; 27min ago
Process: 3877 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/mysql start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dec 07 18:07:11 emonpi mysql[3877]: df: ‘/home/pi/data/mysql/.’: No such file or directory
Dec 07 18:07:11 emonpi mysql[3877]: /etc/init.d/mysql: ERROR: The partition with /home/pi/data/mysql is too full! … failed!
Dec 07 18:07:11 emonpi /etc/init.d/mysql[3897]: ERROR: The partition with /home/pi/data/mysql is too full!
Dec 07 18:07:11 emonpi systemd[1]: mysql.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Dec 07 18:07:11 emonpi systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Start and stop the mysql database server daemon.
Dec 07 18:07:11 emonpi systemd[1]: Unit mysql.service entered failed state.

And this is how much:
df -hlx tmpfs
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 3.4G 2.0G 1.2G 63% /
devtmpfs 481M 0 481M 0% /dev
/dev/mmcblk0p1 60M 22M 39M 37% /boot
/dev/mmcblk0p3 11G 39M 11G 1% /home/pi/data

The microSD is of 16GB and the image is brand new!

Just realised now, that I have to mount:
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p3 /home/pi/data
and then start the mysql service again to solve the problem each time the raspberry pi reboots!
Crazy!

Not if it is defined in /etc/fstab, then it will mount at boot.

you should have a line there something like

/dev/mmcblk0p3 /home/pi/data ext2 defaults,rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro 0 2
1 Like

Thanks!
Dont know why, but that line was with # (comented!)