Modules go into bypass when programming at 5v

I checked with bench supply, and it actually is maxing out readings at 3.1V input.

Side note - If click the ‘calculate’ button multiple times the calibration value continues to drop. I haven’t looked at the code to see if this is just a javascript variable reuse issue. I’m assuming this isn’t sending any type of message to the module to do an actual calc.

Was there a resolution on this?? … I’m seeing VERY similar issues with a batch of V440 modules reporting low voltage and I’m running out of ‘multiplier’ room before it hits the limit of 5. In playing around with it I was able to get it to report a calculated value of 3.06 volts by increasing the actual value input in small increments. Anything over that value (3.06V) would generate a multiplier over 5.

Setup: ESP32 controller running the early April code release, V440 modules with a single lifepo4 (3.33V presently) cell for initial testing.

In the morning I’ll check the 1.25V ref and R3/R5 values …

I was concerned I’d done something fundamentally wrong. Since the minimum order for controllers was 5 boards I went ahead and ordered all the kit to build them all … I’ve got 4 working and they all do the same thing … along with 14 of the 20 functional monitor boards I’ve put together. So I’m hoping there’s a bad (wrong) part in all the modules.

Not yet. I put this project on hold, but saw same issue from four modules. Im about to build a few more, but may just reorder the newer version he is working on… (As I recall).

Something is incorrect here, what version of the TL432 chip did you use? There were a batch from jlc which appears to be off spec and give incorrect readings.

Also check the resistor values. The multiplier should be around 2.2XX

TL432CG-AE3-R

I checked resistors a few times and all appear to be according to design specs. I can record proper chip and resolder them all if you think that may fix it.

I’m using the AZ432ANTR-E1 … but I figured out this morning that you have to actually put them on the board …

Full disclosure here. I’d fully built out 1 controller and 1 module to see if there were any assy. issues. Then I proceeded to assemble 4 more controllers and 19 modules … and somewhere along the way I managed to overlook D1 19 TIMES!!!. What got me really confused was some of the modules appeared to work seemingly fine while others (most) had the odd behaviour …

After correcting my oversight I’m now the proud owner of 14 working modules and at least 1 working controller. Interestingly enough, of the 6 still having issues at least 3 are still exhibiting the odd behaviour, so more to come.

Thanks,
dan

I had mine assembled by jcl. They didn’t have the 1.25 ref chip when I ordered, but somebody else said the 1.24v worked for him. I just now ordered the original spec chip online. I’ll swap them out in a week or so and see if that fixes my issue.

@Lumpy_Doodleshire thanks for cheering me up, that’s brilliant and sounds like something I could have done!

I’ve recently managed to get a trapped nerve in my spine, so not much progress is being made on diybms at the moment.

Ouch … that sounds painful. Better take of that!!