Measuring compost pile heat production via water flow temperature difference

Thnx, I understand the difference between the indexed csv and name:value pairs method. Have seen that it creates new inputs after changing the valuename.
-So emonhub always uses the “bulkupload” for sending data to emonCMS.org?
-And the bulkupload always uses the indexed CSV format?

So there is not a chance that we can change the emonhub export format to json (name:value pairs) method.
and how about using nodejs for that? (with respect for the “buffer” functionallity of emonhub)

Currently yes

Well since emoncms offers 2 ways of doing the same job, it should be down to emoncms to do both methods at the same time, changing emonhub doesn’t “fix” the problem, it just makes emonhub accommodate the problem. Plus the intention behind emonhub using the bulk upload and the emoncms bulk upload api in general was to keep the payload as small and fast as possible.

The intention is that emonhub will continue to use the csv bulk upload and in addition to that it will also upload the input names on any changes so you get the best of both worlds.

There are no plans to use anything but Python for emonhub currently.

The main problem with using key:value pairs compared to csv in emonhub is the size of the buffer will increase dramatically for the same amount of data due to the replication of key names in every payload. On my installs I set huge buffer sizes as sometimes clients (eg schools) can take a network down for weeks (during hols) for maintenance etc, I rarely lose data even after a month outage it catches up and for more mainstream emonPi/SD users, there is a lot going on in that image and for emonhub to demand so much ram for buffering might impact performance.