Local emoncms processes and feeds lost after change to a process - Help please

Can you recall what version php-redis you had then Paul?

Not precisely, but definitely php5.?.?

No not PHP but the php-redis module, it would be between 2.2.5 and 3.1.3.

It appears as “redis” in the last section on the admin page.

Aahh sorry, no, afraid not, but I assume it would be the current ‘apt’ version available in the jessie repo, as I update fairly regularly.
I assume v2.2.5-1

Paul

Segmentstion faults was the reason v2.2.7 was downloaded from git rather than using v2.2.5 deb package.

With PHP 5.x you must be using 2.2.7 or 2.2.8 or 3.1.3>. PHP 7 must be 3.0.0 >.there has been alot of change this year so i would recommrnd staying up to date using PECL currently 3.1.4 for both PHP versions.

https://pecl.php.net/package/redis

See Php-Redis 3.1.1?

Looking through Paul Reed’s problems, I’m conscious that mine was working well until I added an additional process onto a virtual feed and that’s when I started to see spining loaders etc. Hence was going to focus on reverting that change first.

In particular this feed:

mysql> select * from feeds;
+----+----------------------+--------+--------------+------+-------+----------+--------+---------+--------+----------------------+
| id | name                 | userid | tag          | time | value | datatype | public | size    | engine | processList          |
+----+----------------------+--------+--------------+------+-------+----------+--------+---------+--------+----------------------+
| 47 | Inp Exp Daily Delta  |      1 | Virtual      | NULL |  NULL |        2 |      0 |       0 |      7 | 53:24,56:25,30:47    |
24 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I cannot access any of this via the browser, hence would it be as simple as removing the last entry from that feed, i.e. 53:24,56:25,30:47 becomes 53:24,56:25?

[EDIT]
I haven’t done any SQL since Uni, would the following be appropriate?

UPDATE feeds SET processList='53:24,56:25' WHERE id=47

And this is the server info from my Admin page:

Clive, when you say that you ‘can’t access any of this via the browser’. Are you finding same as I did, that you can no longer open phpmyadmin to check & edit MYSQL?

Hi Paul,

I’m a real early starter to the emoncms side of things, but used to be a UNIX admin, hence am happy with the OS aspects, but less so with the MySQL and app aspects.

Until now I’ve only ever managed the feeds via the emoncms feeds web page, but ever since this problem started, this page never appears, hence the interest in an alternate route.

I’ve not installed phpmyadmin, and am more than happy to NOT tinker with the DB too much! :wink:

Is the change to that one field sufficient to change that process list? Or would I need to do something in addition?

Hi @Paul @TrystanLea @pb66,

The crisis has now been resolved.

I removed the newly added process from the virtual feed (3rd from this list 53:24,56:25,30:47), but still had problems loading the feeds page, I stopped Apache, ran redis-cli flushall and restarted Apache and could then load the page.

The last updates to the feeds being 30 hrs out of date, hence I clutched at a straw and restarted emonhub - no change.

I then rebooted the emonhub and the feeds now work correctly and the solar with divert app shows me current data, but understandably with a 30hr gap.

I really appreciate your time, effort and patience with me and this problem.

When I came across OEM project it looked to be a fantastic and highly configurable monitoring product, I’ve been really happy with my deployment. In addition, the support and info within these community pages are fantastic.

Thank you again,
Clive.

That’s good news, pleased you are back up and working.

Paul