Just had a power cut now EmonPi won't start

Hi Trystan, its feed id 10 but I don’t mind losing the history on this feed as I don’t really use the history for vrms, is there a way of just telling it to start again with good data for that feed?

I tried this (with 10.meta) but I am still getting the same error. Do I need to reboot or something?

this is what it replied:

pi@emonpi:~ $ ls -lh /var/opt/emoncms/phpfina/10.meta
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data root 16 May 31 22:36 /var/opt/emoncms/phpfina/10.meta
pi@emonpi:~ $

Formatted text - Moderator

So is there no way of sorting out this problem? do I just have to forget being able to use ‘vrms’ now?

Also I notice this but its not highlighted as a problem but is it?

feedwriter: Active Running - sleep 300s 450 feed points pending write

@TrystanLea ?

Sorry for the delay @wytco0, It is probably easier to forget about the history for the vrms feed if it’s not that important to you. If you click on the delete icon when you select the Vrms feed on the feed list page there should be an option there to clear the feed, that should then start it recording again.

Trying to fix the feed is a longshot with the error that you listed above. I would have tried copying the meta file 10.meta from the old SD card and replacing the one on your new SD card, or potentially using another meta file that was created at the same time - but that does not guarantee the start times are the same…

Hi Trystan, Thanks your you note yes I am happy to lsoe the data for this feed and I had actually tried deleting I have just tired it again and I still get the same error message

Request error: Received data not in correct format. Check the logs for more details

These are the lastest erros in the logs and they are all dated yesterday even though I did it a few mins ago:
2021-06-08 15:57:50.146|ERROR|PHPFina.php|post_bulk_prepare() start_time=0, npoints>0
2021-06-08 15:57:50.146|ERROR|PHPFina.php|post_bulk_prepare() start_time=0, npoints>0
2021-06-08 15:57:50.147|ERROR|PHPFina.php|post_bulk_prepare() start_time=0, npoints>0
2021-06-08 15:57:50.147|ERROR|PHPFina.php|post_bulk_prepare() start_time=0, npoints>0

Anything else I can try?
:

Are you able to fully delete this feed? rather than just clear it? or does it not delete either?

You could remove the linked input processing for the feed and just create a new feed linked to the associated input?

I am pretty sure I tried both but I have just done it again and created a new feed with a different name ‘vrmsxxx’ and that is working now.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I had this problem but only lost a few hours data. I got a UPS from Amazon for about £40 I’ve had power cuts since and it maintains power OK.